Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Erin Cook

Timid But Fierce

Sometimes I listen to the songs some other people have written (one of my favorite inspirations is Twila Paris!), and I think to myself, "Man! Now that is very profound! I could never be that profound!" But...I like to try! And sometimes, well, I might come up with a winner. Maybe. 😊

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

And sometimes, well, I might come up with a winner. Maybe. 😊

Keep working at it!  I bet you're a lot better than you think :) 

You should check out the poetry club on here.  People post some really great things. 

I'd better get on to bed.  Mondays come really quickly :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, HK1 said:

Keep working at it!  I bet you're a lot better than you think :) 

You should check out the poetry club on here.  People post some really great things. 

I've been meaning to check out some of the other sections of this site; I've been so engrossed in taking part in the threads on these forums! 

Thanks for the kind words; I certainly will keep on trying! Hope you have a blessed night! :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

I have a cousin named Erin. 😊

Wow, that's awesome!! l always like to find other gals that are my namesakes; Erin is actually not one of the most common names in the world. 😊

• Like 2

My son's name is Aaron and his older brothers would tease him saying that it was a girls name; "Erin" they would taunt him. Of course that led to a lot of discipline.

They don't tease him any more he's six feet tall was in law enforcement in the USAF. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL He sure showed them!! :D Once or twice in my life someone would accidentally spell my name "Aaron" instead of "Erin"; I would stand there and be thinking, "Seriously??! Do I look like a boy??!" 

• Like 2

I just now found your post. I love how you say you are somewhat shy. I describe myself on my Facebook page as being somewhat introverted. Over the years my husband and I have gone through Alabama when we went to the Florida Panhandle.

I have written some short plays for a now-defunct Drama Ministry in our church. 

• Like 3

That's awesome!! I would have loved to have seen them! Well, it certainly looks like we share something in common; that's pretty neat! 

Anyway, it's so nice to meet you! :)

• Like 2

Hi Erin,

Welcome to the site. I agree poetry is fun and can be quite challenging to write. When written correctly following all given form aphorisms, rhyme, rhythm,                            line count, number of stanzas, words per line, syllable count and other form requirements.

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind welcome! :D

Yeah, when you write poetry correctly, it can be a very satisfying accomplishment indeed; I write quite a bit of it, mostly out of passion or emotion, just when I get the right feeling for a song or a poem. Or when God puts a special burden on my heart; that happens a lot. :)

• Like 2

Hi Erin!! I am new to this community also. It's wonderful that a person who is twenty years old is passionate about sharing her love for Christ and using her writing talent! God bless you and I look forward to corresponding in the future!

180Turtle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hello Erin! God works in strange but wonderful & supernatural ways. I'm always amazed. You will meet some superb people & discover some great resources for "the steps of the Godly are directed by the Lord" Psalm 37:23

Welcome aboard! 

Edited by Antonio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Erin.  I found your recounting of the tornadoes in Alabama interesting.  I am from Joplin, Missouri, where we know a little about tornadoes as well.  Anyway, I wish you the best on your writing adventures.  God's richest blessings!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the kind welcome, 180 Turtle, Antonio, and Chuck! I apologize that I've only just seen your posts; I've been away on vacation and just got back today. :D

• Like 1