Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Erin Cook

Timid But Fierce

Hi everyone! My name is Erin. I'm 20 years old and I live in Hartselle Alabama with my family. I was raised a Christian all my life and want to use everything I do to serve Christ first and foremost. I write Christian fiction, but I also enjoy other activities such as songwriting and journalism. I find writing a marvelous outlet for my creativity; I love designing my own characters and creating my own adventures with them; there's nothing like it! But at the same time, I want my work to have a positive impact on someone's life, and perhaps even win a few lost souls. 

I have lived a rather adventurous life, to say the least; I am one of the many survivors of the infamous AL tornado outbreak of April 27, 2011; what most people don't know is that it was also my birthday! I had turned 12 that year; I can't believe how long ago that was now. But it would also prove to reveal one of the greatest miracles of my life! I remember being so apprehensive about the dangers that would arise on that fateful day, but God had other plans. His Hand didn't leave me or my family once; our home was completely untouched; we all bore not a scratch; not even one tree was knocked down; not even a petal off of one flower drifted to the ground! I am a living testimony of the loving grace and protection of a God who takes care of His little sheep! ???

I have many hobbies; I like movies, music, reading (of course!), gaming, shopping, travel, bowling, crafting, spending time with my folks, writing (of course!), drawing, and learning new things. Among other things. Can you tell I lead an active life? 

I'm also a member of my local community theater group, which has opened a door to new horizons for me. I have made a lot of new friends through them, and am looking forward to working on future projects with them. 

I'm a bit on the shy side; I am much better at writing my opinions and feelings than speaking them orally. But when I do write my opinions, I am not afraid to lay it on the line, hence the title of this forum. I let God's mind direct what I say, and I say it! ☺

I love to read the works of many different authors; the Bible is my first reading priority of course; but I also am a lover of the great classics of such people as Jane Austen, Andrew Murray, Louisa May Alcott, C.H Spurgeon, Charles Dickens and many others. I also love to read Jim Cymbala & David Wilkerson, as well as Barbara Johnson. And now I have recently come upon a very passionate obsession with the works of another extremely talented author, Andrew Klavan...HIS BOOKS ARE SO AMAZING!! How he ever came up with something like Mindwar I'll never know!! ????????????????

I have an Etsy shop, and I am also on Wattpad & Inkitt, though I'm mostly active on Etsy so far. My shop is behindthepagesbyerin if you would like to stop by!

My favorite Scripture is Psalm 103; I adore the way it describes the character of God; my personal opinion is that it seems to dig to the very root of who He is and how He deals with us. It is a great encouragement to me!

Whew!! I don't know what else to say for now! Hope you like my little segment here; I'll try to make a point out of visiting this site regularly. Thank you and many blessings, my friends! ??????

• Like 5

Welcome to our writing family., Erin Glad you joined us. You do live an active life! That's great. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, Erin! Great to meet you! God bless you and your writing.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, Erin! Welcome! It's so nice to meet you. Blessings on your writing endeavors! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Erin, welcome to Christianwriters! It is great to meet you, and have you here! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow! youth is so amazing with all the energy and all. you really got it going on :D you have a wonderful testimony and tell it beautifully. you are also a great representative of people from alabama. it is one of my very favorite states because i' ve never gone through there without meeting very friendly people. anyway, welcome. I hope to read more of your input on this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much, Becky, for your kind words! Looking forward to getting to know you better! :D

• Like 1

you are totally welcome. cook is one of my ancestral names and my great grandmother's name was Louisiana alabama (hammett). makes me wonder if there is any kin. considering how many kids that side had, it's possible. ha-ha

• Like 2

Wow, you never know!!! I come from a large and deeply-rooted family myself--maybe we are kin! 😮

• Like 1

Hey! Maybe you're related to Captain James Cook! Just saying. . . 😊

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Wow, you never know!!! I come from a large and deeply-rooted family myself--maybe we are kin! 😮

that would be cool, wouldn't it. :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HK1 said:

@Erin Cook, what genre of Christian fiction do you write?

Well, HK1, just about...whatever comes to mind, I guess. I like to write mystery stories with a lot of complicated and gasp-inducing plot twists in them...but I'm not gonna say I'm really very good at that. 😒 I like writing very descriptively, painting a lot of vivid pictures and scenarios in the minds of my readers. I also just like to create stories that are going to open the eyes of anybody who reads my work; I want to impact them in a positive way, maybe inspire them to walk a more Christlike life. And I also just like to write things that are just plain...fun😁 Sooooo...if you were to place my work under any specific genre, I might have to say...all of it! I'm very open-minded about such things, and my work is extremely varying.

• Like 1

I like to write songs, too, but I can't read music very well. I can read it, but I have to stare at it for hours before I can understand it! LOL 

My mom & dad are both super-talented writers as well; they just don't really see it. But I owe any talent I have to them and to God; by myself, I'd be pretty blah. 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erin Cook said:

I like to write mystery stories with a lot of complicated and gasp-inducing plot twists in them...but I'm not gonna say I'm really very good at that.

I love to read them, but I've never tried writing one :)  My habit of plotting as I go along wouldn't work too well with that...

2 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

I want to impact them in a positive way, maybe inspire them to walk a more Christlike life.

Yes!  This is the true reason we should write.

4 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

I'm very open-minded about such things, and my work is extremely varying.

That's great! 

2 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

I like to write songs, too, but I can't read music very well.

Now that's something I could never come close to doing.  LOL.  I have a mental block when it comes to poetry.  :)

• Like 2

Oh, poetry is a super-fun challenge, but it can be reaaaallllly tricky at times, especially if you're concentrating on rhythm as well!

• Like 2