Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yowordworm

Unlike Baby, I kinda like the corner.

I had every intention of skipping the awkward introductions and just slipping myself into conversations here and there, but I've been caught out by @lynnmosher. So now that I can't hide in the corner anymore, here goes.

I'm an INTJ. I like books more than just about anything. God's always reminding me that people are what really matter in the world, so, like Austen's Darcy, I need to practice my conversational skills and get to know them, so I can love them like He does.

I've just finished my first draft of my first novel (Well, possibly it's a trilogy or maybe a novel in three parts; after the first draft, I have about 170,000 words.) I'm letting it sit for a bit before I jump into editing. It revolves around themes of female friendship, singleness, and heaven.

And since I don't know what else to tell you, I'll stop now.

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, yww. Henceforth, your new nickname. ;) Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

Welcome to CW, YWW! So great to meet you! Enjoy your time here! God bless you and your writing.?:D

• Like 3

Welcome! Another INTJ.

Strange, well, I guess not strange, it is the Holy Spirit, but when I talk to others about Jesus I am an extrovert.

But other than that I get my strength from quiet times alone.

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcome, y'all. Rebecca and Bob, I'm always glad to meet other INTJs (rare as they are). And it looks like I'll henceforth be known as yww. :) 

• Like 3

Hi, YWW! So glad to meet you! Sorry my welcome is a bit late; I just saw this thread a minute ago. But please feel free to make yourself at home!! :)

• Like 2

Hi yww,

Welcome but what the heck is INTJ everyone else seems to but I don't. I am not up on all these crazy common abbreviation that seem to have developed over the years.

You know your older than the hills:

When society writes or speaks in what is commonly considered every day plain English and you don't understand a single word because it is like a foreign language that only sounds or looks familiar but offers no understandable clue as to what was actually said.

• Like 1

@kriver7 As Lynn said, it's an abbreviation for one of the personality types in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. The 4 letters stand for Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, and Judging. There are 16 different types in all. It's just a fun way to get some insight into myself and others who take the test. I primarily brought it up because my introverted side was really coming out when I wrote the post.

• Like 2