Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

After 3.5 years my computer has bit the dust.  i am having multiple boot problems with it and when it does boot it is nothing but blue circles.  I lost a lot of non-essential files when I tried a factory reset which wipes the drive.  My important files I have backed up to one drive, but learned I forgot to back up the drawings for one book.  I ordered a new computer off Amazon overnight delivery and love how much faster it is.  But now I have to download all the software I use, like gimp (windows installed my copy of office during setup) and I will have to reinstall my printers and scanner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's always a pain. So sorry you lost some files. That's always so upsetting. Praying all goes well. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your computer problems.

If you take your old broken computer to Best Buy or some electronic store they can usually save some of your pictures off of the hard drive even when it is not working properly. 

There is never a good time for computer issues. Hope you get your files restored or can find them. Praying for you.

Well to make it worse, I donated  $20 to a charity for my birthday through Facebook payments using paypal.  They did an instant transfer from my bank account instead of the payment method I usually do so I wound up -$3 and and got a NSF fee.  been a long time since I had one of those.  And I lost a fairly new tire to a puncture next to the edge where the sidewall is.  So now it is time to start hoping for overtime at work, but not the bad areas like the apartment building the police call a living hell.

13 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Actually, most are free up to a certain amount of storage. Then pay.

Lol, that's why I have two email accounts.

17 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

Lol, that's why I have two email accounts.

Only 2?  I have 5.  One is just for SPAM any more.  One is for mystery shopping that address only goes to those companies.  One is the the one I give out to companies who want an email, the other 3 are for more private things, they are not being SPAMed yet

Five? Lol, I hope you have the same password for all of them. I would forget what goes to what.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:06 AM, Bob Leone said:

Five? Lol, I hope you have the same password for all of them. I would forget what goes to what.

Nope each has a different password and so does my bank account and facebook and my other facebook and my other facebook and the million other websites I visit.

I have 5 emails because one the email address is on the dark web, another I use just for Mystery shopping as I signed up with 60 companies to do that and they all send daily emails.  The other three are personal.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:06 AM, Bob Leone said:

That's what LastPass is for. And a spreadsheet and a Word doc! ;)

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

That's what LastPass is for. And a spreadsheet and a Word doc! ;)

I guess I am old school. I write them down on my address book. Yes, I do have an address book. Not everything is on my iPhone.