Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
CM24

critique & feedback Here There Be Dragons Question

I'm so happy to finally get the first chapter of HTBD up, and, so far, critiques are going well enough. However, I have one problem: Since this is a forum, and the story proper is about 143 pages long right now, it will take a long time to get the entire file uploaded, especially with the 3K word limit (that I forgot about with my first post, whoops). I have the story on Google Drive, and I would still like someone experienced in battle scenes to help me fill in the three last scenes I'm missing, so would anyone like to have the Google Doc shared with them? Or would that be an unsafe idea, even with me controlling the privacy settings? Please let me know, and thank you!

Posted (edited)

Google doc is my preferred sharing method too! It is not so much about what you share it on, but who you share it with. Be sure that whoever you share your story with is someone you trust. Plus, be aware that critiques are usually a two-way street. Someone helps with your story, and you help with theirs. 

I've not had the chance to read your story yet, but I love the name! ? Although, sadly I think it is already in use. 

Edited by Alley
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alley said:

Be sure that whoever you share your story with is someone you trust.

Can't say this often enough!  Form relationships. Gather recommendations.  Pray!  

4 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Can't say this often enough!  Form relationships. Gather recommendations.  Pray!  

Repeat that a few times! It is exactly what we all need to remember. (Yes, I include myself in that!)