Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Has anyone come across "Wattpad"?  Evidently, it allows people to post writing and get paid per read.  I read some of the free stuff, and it was terrible writing, and with cussing...  No such luck there is a Christian version?  If not, some Christians should make one.

• Like 2

Thanks.  Ugh.  I think I've given up on ever making enough money for editing, etc.  Maybe I'll just post my stuff on here and let my Brothers and Sisters enjoy it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Grace Roman said:

Maybe I'll just post my stuff on here and let my Brothers and Sisters enjoy it.

You should do it!  We'd all enjoy it :D  

• Like 1

Grace, that's all I plan to do. My writing tends to be border-line decent. No cussing or anything, though.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 5:41 AM, Grace Roman said:

Thanks.  Ugh.  I think I've given up on ever making enough money for editing, etc. 

You don't need editing to self-publish.

• Like 2

I'm a new member of Wattpad; I don't really read much on there for the reasons you guys have mentioned, but you know what? Perhaps Wattpad could use more people like us to write things that will spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to a darkened world. I'm willing to think positively where Wattpad is concerned. I'm also an Inkitt member--same thing. ☺

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

However, after reading the thread that Lynn posted,  suspensewriter's recommendation of Kindle sounds very promising....maybe I'll switch to that instead. I never liked the trashy side of Wattpad, anyway. 😝

Edited by Erin Cook
  • Like 2

Hey, thanks so much for the info!! Keep us posted when it comes out...I would love to look into that! Is it gonna be an app, website, or both?

On 5/30/2019 at 12:23 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

No, you need it to sell.  I self-published a book, and I can't even get my friends to buy it.  That's where publishing companies who are masters of marketing come in.

3 hours ago, Grace Roman said:

No, you need it to sell.  I self-published a book, and I can't even get my friends to buy it.  That's where publishing companies who are masters of marketing come in.

Where can we buy your book from? Also, would you mind sharing the steps you took to self-publish it? Is it print on demand or something like that? 🤔

On 5/30/2019 at 12:23 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Unfortunately, that is a self-defeating presumption. Editing is necessary to bring a book to its full potential. As Grace said, so it sells. Yes, marketing is essential and learning how to do that is a priority. But once that book is published, bad editing will kill your book through negative reviews.

• Confused 1

I have to agree with Lynn; what's the point of creating a published work if you don't put your best into it? People will sense whether or not you really strive for the utmost quality in your writing, and that it turn will determine just how much of the populous is going to be reading your book. So yes, editing is super important!! I just can't put enough emphasis on that. 

On 6/1/2019 at 7:14 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Where can we buy your book from? Also, would you mind sharing the steps you took to self-publish it? Is it print on demand or something like that? 🤔

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/?ref_=kdpgp_p_us_psg_kw_ad104  I can't remember if this is the exact process.  They may have cahnged it since.  And no thank you.  My book is terrible.  I'm embarrassed by it.  I'm just offended that my friends won't buy it, and my family members who bought it won't read it.

22 minutes ago, Grace Roman said:

My book is terrible.  I'm embarrassed by it.

That's what every author says :)  And it's not true!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HK1 said:

That's what every author says :)  And it's not true!

Reading this made me think of the number of times I've thought and said that same thing and been told exactly this! I can't tell you how many times I wonder why I write.

You shouldn't be embarrassed by your work, Grace; I'm sure it's positively lovely! But I can certainly understand how you feel; I can't even count how many times I've felt the same way. But you know what? Sometimes having second thoughts about your works is what will mold you into a better writer. From what I've always heard, a true writer is never 100% satisfied with what he/she composes; that, in turn, motivates you to keep practicing and making your work better. So don't be afraid to keep writing; just do the best you can and let God take you down the paths He chooses for you. Just watch--you'll be a success yet! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KR LaLonde said:

Reading this made me think of the number of times I've thought and said that same thing and been told exactly this!

We all think some variation of it!  The thing is to keep writing and trusting God.  @Erin Cook said it a lot better :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grace Roman said:

I'm just offended that my friends won't buy it, and my family members who bought it won't read it.

First, sorry I haven't read this until now. 

Second, you're not alone. My personal experience is the same. After having to all but beg friends or family to read my stuff and tell me what they think, even if that is to tell me it sucks, I've all but given up on doing anything more than writing to satisfy myself, which for now as all I will do. Eventually you'll have to get so good they'll be all over themselves to ask you for a copy. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So don't stop, just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing writing.

33 minutes ago, HK1 said:

We all think some variation of it!  The thing is to keep writing and trusting God.  @Erin Cook said it a lot better :)

Thank you for the kind words!! :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zx1ninja said:

So don't stop, just keep writing, just keep writing, just keep writing writing.

Absolutely! Just let the words flow from out of you!

• Like 1