Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

This girl I have been dating has been having the same dreams as me. We have been dating for a year or so, and she is a good Christian girl. We have been praying to God about what we are going to do when I join the military. Recently we have had similar dreams of having a family. They are in the exact same setting, and there is beautiful light and music. I prayed a little more, and I have kept having those dreams. I understand that I am young, but if these dreams are visions of my future with this girl then I am excited. I would love to teach the gospel with her at my side. If you have any wisdom to impart on this matter please do tell.

• Like 2

No wisdom to impart, Seth, except that, to enjoy  and buckle up- it's going to be an exciting, fulfilling life with God's blessings!

Ooo...I'm soooo excited for you, Seth. Since you both are centered on God and His will, this sounds very promising. I know the Lord will bless you both. :D 

• Like 1

Since you've both been praying and talking about what the two of you will do when you join the military, what have you agreed on?

Posted (edited)

We think God is telling us to stay together, and we will have a beautiful family together. It will be hard for us to be apart, but if we continue to stay true to eachother, everything will work for us.

Edited by Seth Kendrick
  • Like 2

That sound like a plan, Gods plan being as you both have been praying.  I will be praying for you both too.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 7:02 PM, Seth Kendrick said:

This girl I have been dating has been having the same dreams as me. We have been dating for a year or so, and she is a good Christian girl. We have been praying to God about what we are going to do when I join the military. Recently we have had similar dreams of having a family. They are in the exact same setting, and there is beautiful light and music. I prayed a little more, and I have kept having those dreams. I understand that I am young, but if these dreams are visions of my future with this girl then I am excited. I would love to teach the gospel with her at my side. If you have any wisdom to impart on this matter please do tell. 

what a wonderful blessing.  as long as you two keep God in your life as number one you will be able to make it through anything.  I promise. :D  I can't resist a bit of grandmotherly advise, though you may have already heard it from family and friends.  so, please don't feel offended or that i'm being preachy when I say; always let God in on your decisions and make him feel comfortable and apart of your family--not just your God.  also, please accept this advise for when you have children.  they are his first.  before every decision ask God how he wants it handled. let him share in all the love, joy and the pain a child can bring.  remember God was the creator of family because he wants one of his own.

may the Lord keep you safe in everyway in your military career and otherwise.  may you be a blessing and receive blessings where ever you are.  may you and yours feel his presence everyday as well as his encouragement, strength and protection.  may your friendship with God be as important as their roles as father, son and savior are in your life.