Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Becky Bradley

Hi out there. I'm Becky :)

11 hours ago, Antonio said:

Welcome, Becky! 

And the very best with your interesting project.

Thank you very much Antonio :) God's blessings

Hi Becky,

Welcome to CW. Based in over 15 years of professional dog training experience Do NOT get a Border collie unless your willing to invest and commit long term in spending a lot of time, exercise and effort in raising, training and working the dog. These are the minimum requirements for successfully owning this breed.       They take a lot of work,exercise, time and effort. This dog breed is extremely smart and demanding. Therefore, this breed requires training for life so their life remains a challenge. If this isn't done they Will get into and cause major trouble. They can't help it . This is the owner's responsibility and fault not the dog. However, they can be a terrific dog if the owner is willing invest in them the effort it takes to have them. I also had one, she was spectacular and a real challenge to own but FUN and WORTH every single second I invested. If you put the time in they give back 10,000 times what you invest in them. Get one, but invest the time & effort it takes and you will be very happy you made the choice.

Hi Kriver7

thank you for the advise, especially coming from a professional dog trainer.  it was actually sarah daffy who us hoping for a border collie. I had to put my twelve-year-old  cocker spaniel down a few weeks ago because of cancer. she was irreplaceable.  I think it will be a long while before I consider another pet, but if I do I will sincerely remember your advise.

Welcome Becky. It's great to have your voice added to our community. I'm new too and have enjoyed the greets and reads from so many voices. God's creativity is delightful. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.