Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
CM24

Battle Scene Help and Critique Partner Request

Good day, everyone! I'm almost finished with the first draft of my first story, but I have three scenes that still need to be drafted out. All three are battle scenes, which I'm not especially talented at writing, and I would like some help. Also, I'm looking for experienced critique partners to review the story as a whole to get it ready to pitch to a publisher. If you're open to either of these requests, please let me know so we can set up a system. Thank you!

CM, when you reach the required comments for the critique forum, you are welcome to use it to receive some help. :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where can I find the requirements? And can I still ask for a critique partner even though I'm new?

Edited by CM24

CM, the rules are here. May certainly may ask for a partner. You will have to wait until you have reached 10 regular comments (in any forum) and the system has had a chance to catch up before you are able to enter the critique forum.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Actually, Lynn, it turns out I can't view the rules; a message keeps saying I'm not yet allowed in that part of the forum. I guess I should've spoken up yesterday, but I thought I fully understood what the requirements are. Would you please run them down for me?

Edited by CM24
Correction

Actually, CM, it's not you. There's a glitch right now. The rules are simple: you must critique two works of others for every one of your own. This keeps it fair for everyone. However, a critique is not simply "I like/love it." That is no help to the writer. Something constructive is helpful. You may point out whatever you see that you believe needs help. Just remember to be kind. :)

Okay, I've done that before, and it sounds good and more than fair to me. Am I established enough on the site to get started immediately?

On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, CM24 said:

Am I established enough on the site to get started immediately?

Yes!

On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, CM24 said:

Am I established enough on the site to get started immediately?

CM, I'm so sorry. I somehow missed this. Yes, by all means. Forge ahead! :D

Okay. The first chapter of my story is up, and I've left two critiques on other works.

• Like 1