Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

7 hours ago, KR LaLonde said:

they tell me I'm stupid & incapable of writing anything worthwhile.

From the little writing I have read of yours it seems that you are talented.

If you want to get into the writing game, it can be summed up in one word: Perseverance. 

You have to keep at it. Don't give up. Ignore the naysayers. Write what you love.

And through it all remember that Jesus loves you. 

• Like 1

I've been told I'm talented by a few people. And that gives me a "boost". And I keep trying to remind myself that other people do want to read what I have. That invigorates me.

Until I remind myself that I don't know much of anything. :(

My story ideas are good. But I can't write all of them. And no one has been willing to take them on. Well, I did manage to give a couple away but that was a while back.

5 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Until I remind myself that I don't know much of anything.

But that's one of the great things about life.  We get to learn. 

• Sad 1

Anyway, my brain "broke" when I was 18 and refuses to hold onto much. My memory "files" were corrupted. Badly.

16 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

My story ideas are good. But I can't write all of them. And no one has been willing to take them on

Just do the ones you really like. And one at a time. Don't worry about what you're not doing with them. Complete one at a time and then go to the next one.

18 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

What are the " + " and a number for? Below my name. I've been wondering this for a while now.

The number next to the plus is a member's reputation. I don't remember what makes up those numbers. Sorry. And the other number is the number of your posts.

Just now, lynnmosher said:

Complete one at a time and then go to the next one

This has been suggested to me before. And I want to follow the advice of those so much better at it than I am. My brain keeps trying to pull me in several different directions, though. Our time on Earth is limited and I want to get so many stories out for people to read. :(

Okay. You know your brain does this so I would suggest you find something that pulls you back in. Some trick you can use to get your attention back where it belongs.

Been following this thread. Not sure what I wanted to say except I think I understand. 

I don't have many time constraints, but I personally don't think I'm a good writer. I'm just a dumb mechanic trying to change and glorify God.

It feels even worse when I can't even beg someone to read a chapter I wrote to tell me it's horrible, much less finish a book I wrote to tell me it's horrible. 

I've been on this site for little over a year now. I have learned this from everyone, it's the only thing sometimes that keeps me trying. 

While I'm writing, who or what am I trying to show in the words? God!

Do I learn or get closer to Him while I'm thinking, what would God do, use, change, whatever, in this? Yes!

When I reread the story for the untold time, looking for things to avoid that I've learned on this thread, and in the process, do I learn more about Him? Yes!

Does my writing in some way glorify God, and as such, please Him? Yes! No matter what it is as long as it Glorifies Him or His nature. 

Can God use my writing in some way to teach others? For God, nothing is impossible. Yes!

As long as you have a desire to learn, please, and glorify God, write what you can, when you can, how you can. Because ultimately it's between you and Him in the end, and He's the only one you need to please. 

If you can only find an hour a week to read and/or write, do what you can.

Because none of it is to short, to long, to bad, or even to weird to Him, as long as it's about glorifying Him or His nature. 

You will be surprised at what you teach yourself about God while writing, trying glorify Him and how much joy He will give you for it.

More simply, God never asked for a beautiful noise, he only wanted a joyful noise. Be the joyful writer. 

Don't give up.

• Like 2

Kendra, just a quick thought :)

God has a purpose for you and your writing.  He's got people waiting for you to influence and to show His glory.  Keep at it!  He never promised you it would be easy.  But He did promise He will never leave you. 

• Like 1

HK1, that is true. He did promise to always be there for me.

Z, that's so encouraging. Thank you for reminding me that I need to write for Him. And only Him. Anyone else is secondary. I've been trying to write so that others will like it. That's the biggest problem I have, I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

I personally don't think I'm a good writer. I'm just a dumb mechanic

Whoa! I don't believe this for one single moment! Now I'll fuss at you as I did Kendra. Well, not really fuss, just tell. I have not read your writing but others have and, from what I've seen in their comments, they like/love your writing. No one ever thinks they're a good writer. But give yourself a break and a boost. Believe in yourself because you ARE writing for the Lord. And that, my friend, is not the thinking of a dumb mechanic! But a very SMART one! So I'm shaking my momma-finger at you to stop that and feed yourself some positive thoughts!!!

image.png.a9baefe0f699dfcb6d2213e6ffcc4d0e.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

So I'm shaking my momma-finger at you to stop that and feed yourself some positive thoughts!!!

Oh no! 😱 Not the momma finger! LOL

I know, but wanted to let KR see she is not alone. 

Edited by zx1ninja
Addition
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

And that, my friend, is not the thinking of a dumb mechanic! But a very SMART one!

Have I told you where I got that?

Readers Digest version. 

Working as a mechanic, customer walked up to me and said my car is doing this (described problem). I said it could be three different causes and a diagnosis was needed. The response was "what do you know, you're just a stupid mechanic" . Never forgot that person. 

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, zx1ninja said:

Oh no! 😱 Not the momma finger! LOL

I know, but wanted to let KR see she is not alone. 

Yes! THE finger! But I understand your purpose! xD

37 minutes ago, zx1ninja said:

"what do you know, you're just a stupid mechanic"

Sheesh! Maybe they thought an optometrist would do a better job? Good grief! o_O:oops::rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Sheesh! Maybe they thought an optometrist would do a better job? Good grief!

I don't know, but after a while it occurred to me, if I'm so stupid, why are they asking me? 

Edited by zx1ninja