Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

On my Twitter account, starting tomorrow, I'm posting non-stop writing prompts for the whole week.

I was going to put in the plugs and promos, but I can't post there,

• Like 3

Nicholas, sounds good! :)

52 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Sounds like a good idea. Do you know why it won't let you post in the Plugs and Promos forum?

Sarah, we don't know. Have asked Rebecca to find out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

WRITING PROMPTS?!!!!!

Too bad I don't often use Twitter.

Although, I'm setting up a new blog at Wix. It's up and running, but I'll be adding to it for sure in the days/weeks to come.

Plus, I was given two writing prompt books, so I think I"m good for a while. ^_^

Edited by KR LaLonde

I'll do my best to respond to them!  You have had some zing dingers in the past!

Posted (edited)

I appreciate all the support... if anyone needs an idea to get a book started... see, I can sit with Scrivener open and write 60 writing prompts an hour!

That's why when I give one away, I don't need to write it. I've got so many ideas I could turn out 7 novels a year for 200 years.

Edited by Nicholas Reicher
Gramer fixing and misspellinks
  • Like 1

200 years?!

I'll admit I've also had ideas for lots and lots of stories. But if I were to guess the number is around 100. At the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

I've got so many ideas I could turn out 7 novels a year for 200 years.

WOW!
I have tons of book ideas, but not enough time or inspiration to write them. Already I am working on 4 books at one time. But I do have more than 200 titles!

Well, since we're all puffing out our chests about our impossible-to-write-titles... I actually tried "categorizing" mine. But because they are usually on random pieces of paper I have on hand at that very moment so I can then put them on my phone ... the organization part doesn't usually happen.

Stupid memory... 😢

• Like 1

Although, I've shared many of them with a few friends and have been told they sound like song titles or make them think of poetry. 😮 Which is funny, really, since I can't write poetry to save my life.

• Like 1

Just now, Sarah Daffy said:

Hey! I'm not boasting! I'm just sharing some of my amazing feats!

Need I say more? :P

• Like 1

In any case, I am going to share a few of my titles along with some book covers I've made on my blog. It'll be interesting to see if anyone visits.... 😮 😛 🤘 💻 🤪

• Like 1

I have a Twitter account, but I have used it, like, less than 10 times. I don't have a single thing anyone would be interested in reading about.

At least not yet. And even then I'd have to get it published so I can share a link to it. 😕 Like that's gonna happen.

• Like 1

All authors - whether self published or traditionally - MUST HAVE a writer's platform. Publishers insist on it. An author without a following is an author that will not sell.

It's even more necessary for Christian authors, since most Christian bookstores are now closed. Christian publishers will not sign anyone who does not have a social platform.

Take some time to think of ways that you and your gifts can interest other people, whether authors or not. Channel these special ways into your writer's platform. Twitter, LinkedIn, and one other social media outlet. Find what works best for you.

• Like 2