Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hello everyone. Thought I'd give you amazing people an update. I'm doing alright. Still tired and not up for too much, but alive. This recovery is taking longer than expected. I guess God needed to get my attention to slow down already. I can be a little thick skulled! :$ My help could only stay for a week, and I'm back to being the responsible adult. However, everyone seems to be very understanding and patient with me. Thank you all for your prayers! 

• Like 5

Just now, lynnmosher said:

naps if possible

Can we convince my littlest to take them with me? ? ? I know, good luck with that! ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

quietly read a book

We are at that awkward childhood stage between toddler and young, somewhat self-controlled child. ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

Just lie down and quietly read a book.

Okay, just lie down and write a book. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Alley said:

Hello everyone. Thought I'd give you amazing people an update. I'm doing alright. Still tired and not up for too much, but alive. This recovery is taking longer than expected. I guess God needed to get my attention to slow down already. I can be a little thick skulled! :$ My help could only stay for a week, and I'm back to being the responsible adult. However, everyone seems to be very understanding and patient with me. Thank you all for your prayers! 

Glad to hear you're okay! Yeah, just take it easy and rest, and maybe write if you feel up to it, like everyone else has suggested. And I am so grateful my parents and teachers read to me and encouraged me to read when I was little; I love reading, and it really helped me start developing my storytelling skills early on.

• Like 1

Alley, most of the stuff doctors do to me, (with my permission, of course), takes between two weeks to six months it figure out if it helped, got worse, meh. None of it happened fast enough. (Fast enough = 10 minutes before I knew anything was wrong.) So, besides the obvious feeling of "shouldn't I be 100% better by now," do you yet know if it worked? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spaulding said:

do you yet know if it worked

So far, no migraines!!!!!!! After three years of constant migraines, this is huge!!! Praise God, he is good!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Alley said:

So far, no migraines!!!!!!! After three years of constant migraines, this is huge!!! Praise God, he is good!!!!!!!!! 

The summer before my senior year of college, I got a migraine. One. It lasted until some time after my first (one-year-long) job after college. Small break from having it, but it would return and go away for the next few years, with having-it feeling like that lasted much longer than not-having-it. (Now, it's much less and only hits in the evenings during the warm months, which feels so much better than non-stop it doesn't even bother me much anymore.)

With that, Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! I really get how much not having a migraine feels. (I wanted to add Snoopy's Happy Dance gif but the backgrounds give me a headache. xD)

• Thanks 1

I really sympathies for people with migraines. They can be debilitating. My wife used to get migraines and it was terrible for her (Now she is in heaven migraine free).  I never had the headache type migraine (thank the Lord), but I have had a couple of ocular migraines. No headache just , psychedelic images of zigzagging lines (and lol, I do not use drugs, or drink alcohol for that matter).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I have ever had an actual migraine. But speaking as one who has brain surgery multiple times, even the slightest headache can be a bit disconcerting. We just have to put our faith in God. You know? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alley said:

That is great!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1