Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Need prayers for problems with the internet.

I'm requesting prayers and advice for help with a problem I'm having on the internet.

The problem is with my yahoo e-mail account.  I suddenly am unable to delete any of the messages I've been receiving.  Most of the yahoo e-mails I receive are items that I automatically delete.  I suddenly can't do that any more.  When I click on the check box to delete an item, it instead goes to that item I'm trying to delete, and the number of items in my inbox are rapidly increasing.

When it comes to using computers and the internet, I know what I need to know, to accomplish what I need to do.  Beyond that, when it comes to technical things, I am easily lost and confused in the wilderness.  So any and all prayers, along with easily understood advice will be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 1

When you click on an email to delete it and it opens, have you tried clicking on the delete button at the top of the email?

Maybe something got changed in your setting for email? I will be praying you get it figured out.

52 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

When you click on an email to delete it and it opens, have you tried clicking on the delete button at the top of the email?

That isn't working at all.

1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

Now it's working again, and everything's back to normal.

Computer problems... :) 

Usually, my computer issues are so easy to take care of.

Unfortunately, I'm not a tech guru. Thankfully, though, one of my FB friends is. :)

Glad you got it fixed!!

It looks like the problem is finally fixed.  On Thursday I lost my on line connection totally.  The problem wasn't with my computer.  It's functioning properly.  I'm able to use it as a word processor, but nothing more.  I figured the problem was with the cable company, and not me.  That meant that all I'd have to do is wait patiently for them to have it fixed; so I wouldn't have to panic.  

Then I realized that the problem was with my connection.  Yesterday afternoon I was finally able to call optimum on my cell phone.  I spoke with a woman who helped me check everything about my connection.  It looks like what I need is to buy myself a new wifi router.

Since my home computer is still off line, I've come to a local library, where I am now using one of their computers, to send this message.  I've also just used it to purchase a new router over the internet.  It should arrive within a day or two, and things will be back to normal; and I can stop panicking .

Then I'll be able to renew my on line Christian Fellowship with you members of this website; along with all of my other contacts.

All praise and thanks to the Lord.

In Jesus Name.  Amen. 

• Like 1

Yeah, we've had to replace our router a few times as well. Glad you'll have it all fixed. :)

• Like 1