Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

So I’m really struggling with a decision right now. I want to join the military and have the honor of serving my country, and honoring the sacrifices of my predecessors. I know to some it may seem like I could achieve this in any branch, but I am struggling. I want to be the best. I can’t decide to be a Marine who’s discipline is above average, or a SEAL who has rode out the toughest storms. Can you guys pray for me in this decision?

Such high ideals, Seth! We're all very proud of you, whichever direction the Lord leads. Surely praying for you and may the Lord bless you in all you do. :D

• Like 1

Thank you for your desire to serve our country. :) You definitely have my prayers.

Praying for God's will for you.

Since my father was the only Marine in SOG, I'd recommend the Marines. The dropout-washout rate is VERY high for the SEALs. One of the worst nights in training is the "surf night", where you lay feet towards the beach and the cold surf washes over you for HOURS. Note that your head is lower down in the water than the rest of your body.

to be a US Marine, you just have to be the best of the best. Every Marine has to qualify as Expert on a rifle.

Want to know the secret to this? You believe you can. That's already step one.

Next, minute by minute. I'm in this water this very minute. It's cold. I can last another minute. Next minute, lie to yourself again. I can do this. I already did one minute of this. I can do another.

We here salute you for wanting to serve.