Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
zx1ninja

What to eat while writing

Oh man, now I want a spicy chicken sandwich, caramel Iced coffee, and a scone!

• Like 1

I consider listening to music, as a distraction from my writing.

I never eat while I'm writing.  I consider breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with occasional snack times, as breaks from work.  I eat from plates, or bowls on a table, where I drink from  glasses or cups.  I do my writing on my computer, which is on a desk, separate from my dining table.

I have one cup of coffee in the morning, and one cup of tea in the evening.  The highlights of my day. 

I've got to get a life.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Please don't take this the wrong way @Nicholas Reicher, I didn't think you meant it this way, but I'm grateful for my hands. Some people have it a lot harder.

images(8).jpg

Edited by zx1ninja
Correction
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, wow.  I'm really grateful for my hands.  l just can't imagine what it would be like to be without them.

Edited by suspensewriter
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, suspensewriter said:

Oh, wow.  I'm really grateful for my hands.  l just can't imagine what it would be like to be without them.

How are your hands doing, SW?

• Like 1

They are doing quite well now, EClayRowe.  Other than a little arthritis in my left hand, I have to say, mercifully, that they are all the way healed!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 2:39 PM, lynnmosher said:

Here ya go...and yes, very grateful!

image.png.200cc9c802b160d05f84d612b3fa7631.png

Yum! Looks delicious! Now I want one! Not sure if that is a smoothie or a milkshake, but my grandma used to always make us the best smoothies. Now I'm hungry for one. ?

Edited by Sarah Daffy

A Maine frappe is thinner but chunky, probably because you can't get fresh local strawberries most of the year and you have to use frozen.

• Like 1

I'm with William D'Andrea: I consider my meals and snacks breaks from writing since they are distracting, and I need both of my hands on my laptop keyboard at all times if I want to get more writing done. But a smoothie or some iced coffee sound great so long as they don't have too much sugar or artificial sweeteners like aspartame. Some sliced fruit or jerky or nuts sound good, too, or maybe a sandwich.

• Like 1

The FAA is now looking into Chic Fil A controversy to see if 2 airports violated the law by banning Chik Fil A because of religious beliefs of their founder.  One is Boston and the other is in Texas.

• Like 1

Chic-Fil-A doesn’t discriminate in hiring, due to sexual preferences; which is illegal in the first place.  Also, the only one of their customer’s ‘preferences’ they ask about, is what they prefer from the menu.

What I often see on the News, is that Leftist say they're opposed to bullying; but that's obviously what they've been doing  with Chic-Fil-A, along with every other organization they imagine is opposed to whatever cause they support.  They have organized crowds of demonstrators protesting against all kinds of imaginary, unintended offenses.

Now I know that Christians are supposed to "Turn the other cheek".  That could be interpreted to mean that Chic-Fil-A should totally surrender, and put itself out of business.  However, that's not all the Bible says.  It also states:

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord. On the contrary:
     "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:17-21)

I wonder.  If employees of a Chic-Fil-A that is being harassed, sends some of their products outside to the demonstrators, just what would happen to any of them who take a bite?  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I wonder.  If employees of a Chic-Fil-A that is being harassed, sends some of their products outside to the demonstrators, just what would happen to any of them who take a bite?

Maybe they'd be converted. That would be awesome!

• Like 1