Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaulding

Nutty Christian Woman

Thought I owed you an idea of what kind of nut I am. Cashew.

Nah, well, yeah, but nah. Here's who I am.

I'm here because I'm tired of having to bend and twist for non-believing writers, and yet get stomped for daring to disagree sometimes. So, I'm here for my own kind.

Born 63 years ago. Born-again 47 years ago. Slow to learn. Quick to talk. Opinionated. Logical. Naturally an optimist, so have to work hard towards realism. Reformed. (aka Calvinist.) Frumpy. Loves the Lord, hubby, my stuffed animals, and gardening -- in that order most days.

I am a woman, but I'm also no lady. (I shoot point blank, not much for politeness, though I try.)

Repeated lesson God has to keep shoving into me that I only remember for the briefest of moments -- "Trust God."

The thing God keeps telling me, but it makes no logical sense -- God loves me.

Writing: Been doing it since I was in first grade, if you consider two kids writing scripts for puppets "writing." Have a degree in Communications/Second Ed., except I never could teach second ed. (high school), because I'm lousy with grammar. But I did use the communications part most of my working life in business writing. Didn't get into fiction writing until I became disabled in my 40s. It's like riding a trike and then deciding I can ride a motorcycle. Similar, but not really.

Have come along far enough to have my first novel "finished," but no agent accepted it. Still not sure where that leaves me, except I'm not giving up publishing it, because it's the first in a heptalogy, and this is the story I have to write. 

I bet that doesn't sound too nutty yet, right? Here's where it is completely nutty. It's an epic about stuffed animals. Yup. 63 years old and writing a teddy bear epic. Completely nuts. Good news. It is MG urban fantasy, so a little sanity in there.

So what can I offer you, besides that nice feeling that maybe you aren't as nuts as you thought? Honesty. A certain degree of understanding how novels are supposed to work. Good critting skills, when I have time to crit. Good knowledge on how to find an agent. (How to find them. Different than how to get one.) Encouragement. Discouragement when that is needed. Experience with the Lord. And a voice of someone who absolutely knows she isn't going to become a fulltime, well-known author. 

There are two things more important to me than writing -- God and hubby. At this point in my life, between hubby and my health problems, he often beats out writing. Fair warning: That means I may not be too reliable on here at times. It's okay. I'm more reliable off here. 

Well, at least now you know what just rolled in. A cashew. ?

Welcome, Spaulding, and please feel free and at home. Thanks for a great introduction. May God bless you and hubby, restore and refresh your health, and give you double for your trouble, in Jesus name!

Welcome to our writing family, Cashew. ;) Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Hello. I believe you will enjoy it here. You appear to be on the write track with God concerning love and trust,...so give it a try and share some of your work. These folks are great on encouragement and showing you ways to sharpen your skills of expression.  Think of them as your adopted family and share with them what God is guiding you to write.

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters Spaulding! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

@SpauldingThank you for the introduction. I feel that I know you better. Feel free to share any concerns you have, this is a safe place. You are among fellow Christian believers first, writers second. 

hi, I'm a brand new member, but I wanted to say I just read your introduction and already I like you.  Upbeat, a little nutty people make the best characters in books and in real life. :D 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.