Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mouse5

Been Awhile

Hello Everyone!

It has been quite a while since I was on here. The last time wasn't super great for me. I was highly emotional and testy for many reasons. I decided it was best not to test everyone's patience with me and refrained from visiting. I am really hoping this go around will be much better since I am in a better frame of mind. This site has held a special place in my heart for many years now. I truly hope I can jump back in and enjoy communicating with other writers. 

Now to fill you all in on me....

When I first joined my kids were still pretty young. My oldest daughter is now a full time college student who is working toward a degree in neuroscience and loves writing her own stories. My son graduates next year, will be working toward becoming a software engineer, hates writing but loves creating role playing storylines, and still loves to test my patience. My youngest still has three more years to go with her highschool education, has faced many challenges thanks to her dyslexia but she is determined to become a veterinarian. It has been a joy to be able to teach and guide them throughout the years. Hard to believe I am almost done homeschooling them.

My husband has started two business. One focused mostly on his hobbies while the other is the one that supports us financially. I've been busy with working in the local homeschool community and a local church who decided to adopt my family. God continually amazes me with the roles he places me and my husband in. I often times just look at the sky and ask, "Lord, honestly, what were you thinking?"

I am still writing but not as much as I would like and often times it hasn't been what I wanted to write either. However, I still enjoy it. I have noticed subtle changes in my writing over the years. When I first dug back into writing in 2007 it geared toward the younger readers since my children were younger then. As they have grown older my audience has changed. I suppose this is normal. If not, well... who wants to be normal anyway.

YAY! MOUSE!!! Sooooo good to see you, sweetie. I thought about you the other day. I think you had a birthday? :D

Sounds like you've done a great job with the kids. Congrats! 

So glad you've rejoined us. Only a few familiar faces still around. But lots of great new faces! :D

Hey, @Mouse5! Great to have you back! I'm still pretty new myself, but hope you have a great time here! :D:D

Hi Mouse5, great CW got you back. Shows home is home, and thanks for keeping those good memories of CW.  So glad too you are in a better shape. And congrats for so much progress with family life!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.