Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Joshua Benefiel

other Searching for an illustrator

I'm hoping this is the correct avenue in which to post this. I have finished a children's book and have discovered that my illustrating skills are abysmal. The illustrator that was going to work with me on the project has backed out, so I am looking for someone who would want to partner with me. If interested, shoot me a message and we will go from there.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm good at art, but it might be helpful if you told us a little about the story you would like illustrated. I wish you all the best on this endeavor! 

• Like 1

Hi Joshua,

Depending on what you're looking for, I may be able to help, as I'm after some more side-projects at the moment. Would be interested in more details if you could share.

Clarke.

Well, the book is six of the parables of Jesus written for children. It is written both with animals as characters (The Prodigal Son retold as a family of squirrels) and also from the viewpoint of animals/ objects within the parables themselves (from the perspective of the seeds in the Parable of the Sowers).

I am pursuing self-publishing with this book; this will actually be my first work where I have reached this stage, so I am unfamiliar with the process of working together with someone on a project.

However it will work, I would love to see some general sketches of your thoughts, if either of you would want to proceed. I can PM you my email, or however works best for you.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Joshua,

What a great idea to open up the parables to children! Unfortunately I don't think my style will at all fit what you're after, not being in the 'children's Bible illustration' style. However, I certainly hope all goes well with it, and I'd be interested to know when it's done!

Clarke.

You may want to join your local SCBWI (society of children ‘s book writers and illustrators). Great resources there to meet illustrators and to find out more about the process of collaborating. Also a great way to improve your craft of creating picture books. Godspeed!