Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Prayer Request for healing of dislocated thigh.

Posted (edited)

Over the last few days, my right leg has gone out of alignment.  I am now limping in pain.

This has never happened to me before.  For decades, I've been walking at least an hour a day or more, every day, at a vigorous pace.  Now I suddenly have this problem.  Today I've walked along my usual route, following my normal routine.  For the first time I was in great pain.  I don't know if it will get worse.  

I know what caused the problem.  As I mentioned in an earlier message, I moved into a new apartment on March 1st; with the help of a friend of my mine, who attends my Church, and his adult son.  At that time, my friend gave me a housewarming gift.  It was a swivel chair on wheels, which I've been sitting on at my desk, while using my computer.  The problem is that the chair is much too big, cumbersome and very uncomfortable to sit on.  Last week I found a way to have the chair tilt back.  The problem was that it isn't only the back of the chair that tilts.  It's the entire seat.  So when I leaned back, it raised my knees above the level of my hips, which caused a lot of strain.  I think that's what caused the dislocation.  I have stopped using that seat, and am now seated on a much lighter folding chair, with a good, firm cushion, and it's not adding to my discomfort. 

I've also been massaging the joints between my right thigh and hip bone, where the problem seems to be centered.  It needs more than that.  What it needs is  a good yanking.  That should be all I need to put everything back into place.

I ask everyone to pray for me.  Ask the Lord to be my Devine Chiropractor, who will give it a perfect, painless yank; so I will be restored.  Then I can walk again without pain, while giving thanks and praise to the Lord.  Amen.    

Edited by William D'Andrea

Lord, D'andrea is in pain. Please relieve the pain, send the right person to help. Knowing that you are the creator and healer, I have confidence that you will do this. In your son's name I pray; amen.

You might want to try Salonpas patches with lidocaine. Praying in agreement for the Lord to correct this for you, William.

Hate to be the annoying pragmatist here, but in addition to prayer, have you considered seeing your doctor?

I thank all of you for your prayers.  Now I'll add a prayer of my own.

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask God the Father Almighty, to send forth the Holy Spirit, and heal my right leg and everything else in my body that needs healing.  Then when I leave the house tomorrow morning, I will walk without limping, pain or any discomfort, as I always have.

I ask the same for everyone reading this; so we will all give Thanks, Praise and Glory to the Lord. 

In Jesus Name.  Amen.

The healing I asked for in the prayer I posted here yesterday, has begun.  This morning, as I walked along, going to my local Stop and Shop Supermarket, as I do every morning, the pain I've been feeling throughout my body began diminishing.  I am no longer limping.  As I strolled around, browsing through different stores in the Shopping Center, my body kept strengthening.  The pain which is reducing, is now centered in my right calf, and still causing me a lot of pain with every step.  What I'm thinking is that all I have to do, is continue walking this way.  Then within the next day or two, the pain will be gone.   I will be back to normal, and able to enjoy the very fine weather of early Spring.

I've also been taking Tylenol Extra Strength Pain Reliever tablets.  That seems to be aiding considerably to my gradual recovery.

I believe that medications and nutritional supplements, when taken correctly, as prescribed, are blessings from the Lord.  It's when people abuse the drugs, that the devil takes over.  I am not letting that happen.

The Bible says "Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

That is what is apparently happening.  All praise, thanks and Glory to the Lord our God!

In Jesus Name.  Amen. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

...and thinking of calling you Jacob from now on! Gen. 32.24-31

Just because I'm limping, please don't compare me to Jacob.  The name Jacob means, "He who grabs".  After he wrestled with God, the Lord changed his name to Israel, which means "He who wrestles with God."  That is how he ended up with a permanent limp. 

With me it's just a temporary condition   

Another thing the Bible says about Jacob, is that he told Pharaoh, "I have lived 140 years.  Few and evil have been my days."

That is not how it is with me.  

"...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. "  Romans 8:28

That's how thing have been going for me, ever since I gave my entire life over to the Lord.  My life overflows with blessings.

So please don't call me Jacob.  My friends call me Bill.  Some even call me Mr. Bill.

My the Lord bless you also, Mr. Nick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Some even call me Mr. Bill.

My the Lord bless you also, Mr. Nick.

Mr.Bill it is!

And yes... you are correct about my ancestor Jacob/Ya'akov!

Hoping you have a blessed Resurrection Weekend!

• Like 1

It looks like I'm going to need more than all of your prayers.  I still have the problem with limping and severe pain.  I've decided that tomorrow I'll be calling to make an appointment with a local chiropractor; so he will help to completely relieve me from these problems.

His name is Dr. Steven Spadanuta.  He works in his home office in Lake Grove, New York, which is here on Long Island.  I ask the Lord to bless him and his skills, in healing me and all his patients.  I also ask for all of your continued prayers, so that the healing will begin even before I arrive at his office..  In Jesus name.  Amen.