Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicholas Reicher

Learning more in 48 minutes than in four years of seminary

If you've got 45 minutes, watch this. You'll learn more about the Bible than you thought possible. Grab your Bible and follow along. I literally learned more tonight watching this than I did in Seminary.

@William D'Andrea would love your feedback on this.

Warning - use of NASB instead of KJV

If you all can, open a Bible and follow along. You will learn a HUGE amount. Most of this is intended for preachers, but I was challenged, because my process is very quick - I can write sermons in 20 minutes. I'd have failed this course quickly if I'd been in Seminary. 30% of the students are currently pastors at a church already. Halfway through the class the cameras show the students, and all of them look stressed.

30% of the way through the professor explains why he teaches this way - it's to prevent Isogesis. When I went through Seminary, I was only about 8 years out of Chassidism, and I was still quoting Rabbis in my assignments. I don't think this instructor would have accepted any of my conclusions at the time.

The seminary is The Master's Seminary in California, and John MacArthur is the senior pastor there, I found their Youtube channel, and I'm going through the videos one by one.

I recently found a pastor who is like a walking Bible, and after I saw him tear apart Genesis 6 and its meaning, then connect it to 2 Peter 2 and Jude 5-7, it settled any debate in me of who the nephilim were. He had been a professor at TMS also. That made me want to get more Bible education.

These classes are really amazing to me. I'm glad a letter hasn't arrived at my door - "Dear Nicholas, since you're watching the videos, your assignments are now due.."