Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

When I forget a password, the recovery process is a pain. But I'm glad it is 

I like the tip from Johne. It reminds me of the Dale Carnegie system for remembering names. And since there are twenty-six letters but only ten digits, a lot of extra number crunching is necessary to hack it.

No words are truly random. But as numbers with meaning or pattern are easier to remember, words without obvious relationships can form a meme in short order.

Not looking for ten minutes. Correct. Horse. Battery. Staple. Easy as π.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:53 PM, EClayRowe said:

I like the tip from Johne. It reminds me of the Dale Carnegie system for remembering names

I personally have a series of systems - a short one (which is seldom used anymore as companies are requiring more stringent passwords), a medium-length one I use for most things, and a banking level system which is a longer passphrase consisting of five elements. The thing is, one I learn the system, I can intuit the elements from the institution I'm using. So I don't learn passwords per se, I learn systems, and I only really use two in day-to-day life. 

For example, my medium length system might be:

1. A mythical creature
  2. The year
  3. Something about the website.

So for Yahoo, it might be:

1. Gryffin (a mispelling of a mythical creature's name)
  2. 2019
  3. Y

Which gives you: Gryffin19Y

I use five different elements for my banking-level password. Once I learned the system, I could 'guess' the password based on 'what would I type in if I was creating a new password for this institution using my given system.' So while I have many passwords, I only actually remember two things - the shorter system and the longer system.

I actually came to this thread to emphasize that big companies are embracing the passphrase method which my passwords are based on. I work for Big Blue and they recently sent around an email where they say they're
moving to a longer character passphrase - passphrases are safer than passwords because they are constructed of multiple words and are easier to remember than more basic passwords.

Another way I saw on a video is to take a phrase you will remember and use the first letter.

The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog.

tqrfjotlbd replace your o with 0 and add upper case where you can remember.

TqrfJ0tlbd    new password.

58 minutes ago, yawarakai said:

TqrfJ0tlbd    new password

Hey, that's a good idea! 

3 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

Lol, not if everyone does it. 🙄

I don't know! We are writers we can get creative! 

Inirnicphwthhilll

I'm not in right now. I'm currently playing hopscotch with the hula hoops in La-La-Land.