How Do You Write?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

What have I done?

What you had to do, what you always do. Turned death into a fighting chance to live.

13 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

What have I done?

You give us a playground to escape the dreary world.  Thank you!  Meanwhile we are practicing our creativity according to John Cleese.  

You wanted to know how we write.  Well, we play with ideas.  The interface is dear and beloved to us, integrated into our lives, so much so that we treat it like a pet.

10 minutes ago, Alley said:

Now to come up with an excellent plan for convincing my husband to clean up the manure. ? ?

OH there's always a way to get a man to clean up anything. It all comes down to a 3 or 4 letter word?!

Little late to this post,...I like the idea of dictation, but it doesn't seem practical for my writing style.

As for computer programs,  I prefer Word over Scivener, which is AWESOME, but I find myself wasting too much time playing with all the bells and whistles. I just make specific chapter folders for Word,...and everything stays nice and neat. I use Voice Dream - reading app to edit on the go,...listening to your manuscript is ESSENTIAL!!! ?

1 minute ago, Katherine Johnston said:

listening to your manuscript is ESSENTIAL!!! ?<span><span>

I forgot about that part! I use Google text to speech for that. It helps me catch the wrong words when my dyslexia would not have picked up on it! Love it!! 

Archived