Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Johne

What Is A Phere?

Story Grid author Shawn Coyne is back on the Story Grid Podcast with a new unit of story called a Phere. If you don't have a Phere in your story, you don't have a story. Shawn Coyne used an example from the story RAGTIME.

So what is a Phere?

"The unit of energy which must be applied in a story to move the value shift from one end of a gradient or a spectrum to the other."

https://storygrid.simplecast.fm/49358578

• Like 1

I guess that we should all read Tom Clancy and study his work carefully. After all, he knows "The Sum of all Pheres".

Paul

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, Bob Leone said:

A new gimmick to get you to listen.

If you're at all interested in learning the art and craft of creative writing, sure, I highly recommend The Story Grid Podcast. But you don't have to subscribe to the podcast to engage with this one nugget of information.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ahhh! Karl Jung's 'Round Balls of Chaos'.  Now I get the Phere thing.  Or I'm starting to...

Ah Quiddich.... Snitch .....

Edited by Nicola
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Johne said:

But you don't have to subscribe to the podcast to engage with this one nugget of information.

Sounds good

• Like 1

I train my dragon to fetch balls to induce fear in my characters and vicariously in my readers who pay big buckets of gold for the privilege, which I use to feed the dragon so it has phere (energy) to fetch balls.  And so the cycle continues.  

• Like 1