Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Sarah Daffy

Photographic Memory Test

Posted (edited)

Hello, everyone!
The other day I was wondering if I had a photographic memory and I found a link to a test that shows if you have a photographic memory or not. Today I tried and (unfortunately) failed the test. (Well, I don't know if you would say that I exactly failed the test; I got like six questions right out of ten, not that bad, but still. . .)

If any of you out there are wondering if you have a photographic memory, or maybe want to do it just for fun, then here is the link to the test. Enjoy!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/guillermodelpalacio/do-you-have-a-photographic-memory

Edited by Sarah Daffy

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2019 at 4:34 PM, suspensewriter said:

Um- well, no!

? Three sisters are sitting around the table, chatting on a variety of topics. The first says, "You know, I am getting so forgetful. This morning, I was standing at the top of the stairs, and I couldn't remember whether I had just come up or was I about to go down."

The second sister says, "You think that's bad? The other day, I was sitting on the bed, and I couldn't remember whether I was going to bed, or had just woken up."

The third sister smiles smugly. "Well, my memory's just as good as it's always been, knock on wood." She raps on the table. "You sit still. I'll answer the door."

God forbid!

Edited by Sophie
  • Haha 5

Wow, I did a lot worse than I thought I would do. I have a pretty sharp memory, but apparently not photographic. ?

• Like 1

"You need to exercise your mind a bit more," it tells me. 

Well, actually, I just do not possess a photographic memory. Then again, I already knew that.

• Like 1

I got six too. I tend to remember completely random factoids weirdly well, but a series of numbers is over my head!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I was brave and took it. Got a 5 out of 10. I know already that I don't have a photographic memory, but I took another test that involved looking at a picture instead of numbers and got a 10 out of 12. Guess it proves in spite of being a math fanatic, I can't remember numbers very well.?

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 1

I got 7 out of 10. I call foul, though! I know for a fact there was no 8 anywhere. *Pouts like my 4 year old* Ha!

I don't know if you could call this a proper test of photographic memory, though. The idea is that your brain takes a "picture" of what it sees. However, this test varied the spacing between the numbers so that our brains are spending most of the time trying to figure out if that's a 1 and a 7 or if that's 17. You can't take a mental picture of something like that. Instead, I'd say it's more a test of remembering sequencing, since the numbers did get progressively higher.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

:D You got more right than I did, @EmilyDickinsonWhite.

That is true. I must confess, though, I kind of cheated the second time I did the test. I got six questions right the first time, but I kept going through and doing the test over and over until I had memorized all the answers. That's when I got them all right. When I finished the test, getting them all right because I had memorized them all, (about the tenth try I got them all right), at the bottom it said, "You got: You must have a photographic memory. (10/10). Unless you cheated. You didn't cheat, did you?" :D:$?

Oh, well. So much for trying to have a photographic memory. ?

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Haha 1

A. Conan Doyle wrote that Sherlock Holmes subscribed to the "attic" theory of memory: with a limited amount of storage space, a person should never learn anything they won't need to use.

Long strings of numbers can be memorized in groups of four and made into chants.

Names associated with images are hard to forget. Cocoa plus valet plus snow ski is my daughter's married name, Kovaleski. Our Johne Cook will always be "Physical Phy the Rocketeer" to me, from his older role as editor of an e-zine.

Memorizing Scripture: I use a minute-hour-day-week method. My goal for this year is to recite I John verbatim.

After all that, they thought my concussion was more serious because I couldn't remember my phone number. (Bike accident) But I never bothered to learn it. ( How often do you call yourself? I look it up when I need it.)

You can train your memory. Doing so may delay the onset of cognitive impairment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 9:32 PM, EClayRowe said:

( How often do you call yourself? I look it up when I need it.)

? LOL! SO true!?

Edited by Sarah Daffy