Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has any information on what an injured person (particularly a trained warrior) can do after the injury and for how long before they give way to exhaustion. Any help would be great! Also in full disclosure, if anyone PMs me, I share and Email with my husband, and he will be able to read all communications we have. It is our form of accountability, but one I feel is important to be upfront about. Thank you in advance! 

• Like 1

I suppose how long a person will last depends on 2 things. 1) the type of injury they have/are recovering from. 2) what it is they are trying to do.

I don't have information per se, just some thoughts.

As KR LaLonde said, it will depend on the type of injury and what they are trying to do. It can be taken a bit deeper than that.

Mental status - (no, not insanity levels). As a warrior, I'm assuming his training would be such that he will push himself beyond what the average individual would be able to. For example, I've heard stories of football players playing games with a broken fibia (the second, smaller bone that forms part of your lower leg). This would likely become a disadvantage later, as he'll possibly push himself too far and become incapable.

Location of the wound - hand/arm, will hamper fighting. Foot/leg, slow movement considerably. Torso - will likely hamper many things that were previously normal. Head - comes with its own host of issues. 

Blood loss - How much blood has your warrior lost? This is possibly going to be the biggest factor affecting your warrior. Minor blood loss, he'll possibly be able to continue a lot longer. Major blood loss, he'll be considerably weakened, and will likely need plenty of rest stops. How long this lasts is going to depend on several factors, including how much time he gets to rest and their diet while they're on the run. 

Having read your work, I'd say that it is likely that Indie will need to rest more frequently, slowing them considerably. Also, it sounds like he's lost a fair amount of blood, but not so much that he's entirely incapable. I would say that he's going to start weakening considerably pretty soon. He's made a few days, but on the run and without a proper diet. It's going to start affecting them soon.

If you're friends with someone in the medical field, I'd suggest asking them to get a more accurate idea. Or maybe check out some of the survival stories from the various wars in history. Men under intense pressure have achieved some pretty incredible things in order to survive, oftentimes while wounded or malnourished.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, Alley said:

I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has any information on what an injured person (particularly a trained warrior) can do after the injury and for how long before they give way to exhaustion. Any help would be great! Also in full disclosure, if anyone PMs me, I share and Email with my husband, and he will be able to read all communications we have. It is our form of accountability, but one I feel is important to be upfront about. Thank you in advance! 

Is a month later too late to ask some questions? I have, (or more accurately my hubby has), some experience with wounded warrior. But the info does you no good if you mean what to do right after receiving the life-altering wound. My/hubby's experience has to do with rehab, more than right-after.

His was a heart attack, but he was a patient at a VA hospital and then a VA nursing home/rehab center. So what a warrior does after being wounded, I don't know, but rehab I saw/see.