Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Okay. March Madness is on. Who's your fave?

4 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

This thread. What is it about? It left me rather confused.

As others have said, it's about an annual American College basketball tournament. We tend approach it with the same passion as you might with soccer. There's also a lot of sarcasm (joking) about it on this topic.  

I do not watch professional basketball, nor most college games. But since my sons and brother ‘s teams are in it I’ll watch, until they are eliminated.

Would March Madness have anything to do with the warning received by  Julius Caesar:  "Beware the Ides of March"?

The Ides of March is March 15th.  I remember when I was a child, March 15th was Tax Day.  Which meant that Caesar was not the only one, who was well advised to "Beware the Ides of March."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Would March Madness have anything to do with the warning received by  Julius Caesar:  "Beware the Ides of March"?

LOL Yeah, I alluded to that...:D

On 3/23/2019 at 4:01 PM, lynnmosher said:

Beware the madness of March!

2 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I just know I'm going to look like a complete dunce. But I have to ask: What's March Madness?

the time of the annual NCAA college basketball tournament, generally throughout the month of March.

Don't feel like a dunce, I was ignorant of it until my kids started going to college. One graduated from Gonzaga University, which has a killer basketball program. Another went to the University of Oregon, which isn't that great in basketball but their football team is! and then my brother went to Saint Mary's College which is the rival to Gonzaga. So I was baptized into the fray. I didn't have an alma mater per se, I graduated through the federal government who sent me to many colleges. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Leone said:

the annual NCAA college basketball tournament,

Oh! That explains it!

I don't follow basketball. I barely follow the NE Patriots. I'm no sports fanatic. Lol

Thanks for explaining.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, Bob Leone said:

I guess next would be Oregon, couldn't leave out my other son who graduated from there, but honestly I don't think they stand a chance.

They looked plenty strong against my Badgers on Saturday. 

Oregon plays here (Louisville) tonight. We probably won't feel like watching the whole thing. We got taken out early but our women's team is playing. They are so good! :D

• Like 1

My aunt is a big Louisville fan but she's still watching. I'm going to watch Tn tonight because I hope Ky don't have to play them again. 

We watched the Tenn game man you are right those boys can play both teams. So close. Now I'm not sure 

I want out ky boys to play Purdue lol!! It will be what it is. Ky plays tonight. 

8 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

Oregon lost 😭

Awww, rats! :(

2 minutes ago, jacks girl said:

Ky plays tonight. 

Not sure we can get it unless it's on Sling.

We bought the you tube streaming just for this month because as far as I can tell they carry every channel that has the games on it.  When it's over we'll cancel. 

Most of the time we just do 

Pureflix 
Hulu

Netflix 

and we get prime because we love that two day shipping