An Orphan Dog's Prayer

kriver7

I am an orphan dog with four feet, ears, big eyes and a tail                                                                       Some of us were on the streets eating from garbage pails                                                                                 Abused by some rejected by most feeling scared and lost                                                                  Needing to find someone to love no matter what the cost

I stand in my cage eagerly waiting, hoping to see                                                                                                if someone will come to save and rescue me                                                                                                    I'll do anything for attention, to make myself known                                                                                          I'm anxious to be chosen, for my forever home

GOD touch their hearts to want me, help me pass the test                                                                      patience is the key to build my trust and ease my stress                                                                                    help them teach me all I need to learn, I'll do my best                                                                                     to show them I'm worth the time, they must invest

GOD gave me gifts of love and loyalty, that I'll freely give                                                                                  I'll love my family completely, for choosing me to live                                                                                        I don't care if they're rich or poor, I'll love them as they are                                                                  Spending time with them, is healing salve for scars

But GOD I'll understand, if you decide to call me home                                                                                      I know to be with you, is better than allowing me to roam                                                                                I am just not meant to live a life unloved and all alone                                                                                GOD please help me find a family of my very own 

If is not to be, then I'll leave my spirit in your care                                                                                           When I get to Heaven, maybe I'll find my family there                                                                                         I know you've heard my plea because you're everywhere                                                                               So thank you GOD for listening to, my orphan dog's prayer

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the condition of this post. I don't see how you could make any sense out of it the way it was presented. It is extremely difficult to read this way. I am working on reposting it correctly.

When I first put it on the site , it was correct. However, in the final posting it turned out to be a big mess. 

I have no clue as to what I did wrong.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the compliment about my writing. I appreciate it. I worked for hours to get the write correct and it still was messed up. I have fixed it once again. I hope this time it will be ok. Have you been on this site long?

Best regards,

K River

Archived