Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

I've lost my connection to optimum on-line.

I'm in need of prayers and technical advice. 

I've lost my connection to optimum on-line.  I'm not sure about all the technical terms.  But since yesterday, March 21st, just about noontime, I've been unable log on to anything on the internet, using optimum on-line.  That's including all the websites I'm usually logged onto; such as Christianwriters.com. 

This lost connection not only includes what's on the internet.   I've also lost my cable TV connection, so I can't watch anything being broadcast.

I think I understand what's going on.  On Monday, I mailed a money order to pay my monthly bill to optimum.  Maybe it didn't reach them on time, so I've been cut off until they receive the payment.  The deadline was March 22nd, which is today.  Not yesterday.

I've tried to work around this.  Using my computer, I've worked with the trouble shooter.  Following its instructions, I've logged onto what I think is called "Airplane Mode", so now I'm back on line, and able to again link to Christianwriters.com, and all my other usual websites.  Another thing that I have to do, so as not to loose the Airplane Mode connection, is to only turn off the screen, but not shut down the computer; that includes not clicking on "Sleep".  

A more difficult problem,  is that I can't do the same things with my cable TV.  I've tried following the instructions to reboot.  I did that yesterday, and it worked.  Then last night I made the mistake of turning the cable box off.   Now my TV's gone off cable again.  I've tried to repeat  what I did to start the TV working yesterday, but this time isn't working.

If any of you have any knowledgeable advice about this, please let me know what it is, in a not too technical way .  If not, it looks like I'll just have to patiently wait for my money order to be received at the optimum offices in Cincinnati, Ohio.  Then they'll turn it on again.  At least I'm praying that's all that's needed.  I ask that of  everyone reading this.  If you can't give me technical advice, please pray for me.

I thank all of you as always.

You need to call the service. They will be able to give you more help than we can. If it's due to the payment, there's nothing we can suggest that would help. Praying you get it straightened out. 

Praying for you!  Believe me, you wouldn't want my advice on anything to do with a computer.  Getting one started is sometimes a stretch for me :)

Thank the Lord everyone!  My TV is back on line.  Me and a friend of mine called the service.  Then following the advice of a cable guy, I plugged a cable connection back in, then did a lot of clicks.  Now my TV is back in operation.

4 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

You have “airplane mode” on your computer?

I don't understand that.  I turned on the troubleshooter, and followed its instructions.  Now both my internet connections and TV are both working properly again.

All thanks and praise to the Lord, along with my friend, and the cable guy, who I spoke to over the phone.  I thank the Lord for giving me their help.  Amen.

• Like 1

William, glad all is well. I knew they'd be able to fix it for you. And be the only one who could. There's a process to go through to fix it, as you found out. :D