Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Zee

What inspires you?

On 3/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

I write a lot of the "you just messed with absolutely the wrong person" stories.

I saw this and was reminded of this post:

3bb244ef34bfa83965765fc02d48f459.jpg

There's these voices in my head, see?  They bang and crash around between my ears until I let them out in type or pen scratches.  They can get mean, interrupting my sleep, or conversations with my loved ones, until I let them out.  

They are inspired by the vagarities of humanity.  Humans are a downright nasty bunch, with silver linings because God is continually with them.  Humans do really, really weird stuff, and it is all worth writing down and cramming into a plot line/grid according to the august plotters out there.  

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Nicholas Reicher said:

I write a lot of the "you just messed with absolutely the wrong person" stories.

I write these because they resonate with me. I write these because these are the story of my life. Always the one chosen to sit out sport games in school. The one voted least likely to succeed. The one beaten up over and over again by the school bully until I snap.

I'm 5'7", Jewish, and formerly very thin. I couldn't join the military because I was so thin.

And somehow over the years, I've discovered that I am indeed the very last guy people want to mess with - but they usually make that mistake far too late.

But over the years, I've developed a quirky sense of humor, and now nobody really picks on me too much. People respect me because they begin to realize how many talents I have.

And you know what? I'll bet every one of you can identify with everything I'm saying. I'll bet that every one of you were picked on or not trusted or not chosen or not part of the clique.

So when I write these stories for me, like Avram in my Chassidic Jewish screenplay, that people feel like - "hey, that's my story. The person who says the wrong thing at the wrong time. The guy or woman who doesn't fit in, or says the wrong thing at the wrong time.

So yeah, John 9 in many ways is me - the guy born blind but sees Jesus. And criticized by the people who aren't blind but can't see who Jesus is.

And like that guy, I shoot off my mouth and get in trouble.

Hopefully like that guy, Jesus sticks up for me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

hey, that's my story. The person who says the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Yep, that's me alright. Like someone once said, "If it weren't for my mouth, I'd have nowhere to put my foot."

I was thinking of all you good people being inspired by the bible.  It is more of a framework for me.  It contains every possible human interaction, and informs the plots that rattle in my head.  My Leoshine story is Abigail and David with a bit of Amnon and Tamar mixed in. 

Perhaps this is inspiration, but I am not an active agent in conjuring the stories, so I can't tell you.