Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

What's your favorite love song?

I had a conversation today about love songs, so I thought I'd bring it here and share.  The first song is my favorite and the second is my husbands favorite but its a close second for me.  What are all you guys favorites? 

I'm not a fan of The Pretenders, but I think this is probably the most authentic expressions of love and friendship I've seen in song:

Chrissie Hynde also has an incredible voice, even though I'm a big fan of her music in general. 

These are all great song. Josh Turner has a unique voice that I have always liked. Jim Brickman Love of my life is my wife's and I song.  With a runner up of White Lion Till death due us part. 

I have no idea how to post one of these performances; however, I can post the lyrics to one of the classics.  It's "As Time Goes By", which was preformed by Dooly Wilson, in the movie Casablanca, which was produced in 1942.   An expression of love, from Bogie to Ingrid:

"You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss
A sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by

"And when two lovers woo
They still say, 'I love you.'
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by

"Moonlight and love songs never out of date
Hearts full of passion, jealousy and hate
Woman need man and man must have his mate
That no one can deny

"It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by"

So here's looking at you Kid.  We'll never have Paris, but we'll always have Christianwriters.com

45 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I have no idea how to post one of these performances; however, I can post the lyrics to one of the classics.

Here you go, William. :)