Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

Writing: Step-by-step

I hate using the same word within three sentences of the first.

I don't have a thesaurus with me at this time and - believe it or not - as much as I sometimes use it I don't do it that often.

Any ideas on how I can say the thought without saying thought?

The idea, maybe...or the plan? An example sentence would be helpful.

• Like 2

Maybe, "The idea occurred to him..." Or just "It occurred to him..." for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are some ideas but I don't see the context so they may not make sense.

reflection

understanding

conclusion

induction

inference

musing

reason

• Thanks 1

It hadn't dawned on me to use occurred. Thanks!

It's in the first couple of paragraphs of a new project, so sharing right now wouldn't really make sense. :)

Actually, this could have gone in the writing forum. I'm not able to move this. But it's okay here.

I think the first word is the plural version.

I actually did think of that. I just like the human touch when a person suggests something. :) HOpe that's not a bad thing. 😮

7 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I actually did think of that. I just like the human touch when a person suggests something. :) HOpe that's not a bad thing. 😮

Ummm...I don't understand. We're all humans that respond to all comments, no matter what forum it is.

• Like 1

Not sure what you think I meant....

I only mean that when a human being answers a question, rather than my looking it up and possibly misunderstanding or picking the wrong option seems to work better.

I'm also kind of lazy some days....

Oh. I see. I would, however, be careful that you not overuse asking questions and not looking things up. Members may stop responding.

• Like 1

Okay. So I've begun watching a how-to video by Chandler Bolt. In it he says that if one produces a mind map, then the writing process goes more smoothly. I've written summaries and bits & pieces to help me write a story (which works to a degree), but his process of mind-mapping looks like it could work.

I just have to figureo ut which story I want to tiwrte first.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:32 AM, KR LaLonde said:

when a human being answers a question, rather than my looking it up and possibly misunderstanding or picking the wrong option seems to work better.

When a human being answers a question, unless they have the full context and the appropriate knowledge, the answer may or may not be correct. I have (mmmm) misanswered several questions in my life.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 10:03 AM, lynnmosher said:

Kendra, there are several free thesauruses (thesaurusi?) online. I use thesaurus.com all the time. There are many others through online dictionaries.

I agree, online is the best way to find a synonym. And it is free. I just google the word and add synonym and the free thesaurus pops up. giving you many options.

Edited by Bob Leone
had new thought
  • Thanks 1

Yup. Not too long ago, I used a large, hardback synonym finder. I used it so much, I had to tape it together. I love that online is so much easier.

I actually have my own, as well. I'm not sure why I don't use it as often as I once did.

Online does sound a bit easier.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:52 PM, carolinamtne said:

misanswered

Waffles?

Sorry, Caro mio. Practicing my newfound ability to partial- qote without deleting.

Edited by EClayRowe
  • Haha 1