Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Zee

Best Places to Share Writing

Hello all, 

I'm not really interested in officially publishing my stories, but I really like the idea of sharing them in places where lots of people get to read them. Any ideas on good sites for this? Besides here, of course. 

That sounds cool.

I wouldn't know the official answer to this I usually just share on Facebook.

If I have something to share, I should say.

Blog.  This is the personal serial magazine that sets your amazing imagination children free!  

• Like 2

I thought if I posted on a blog few people would be likely to see it. A site like this one seems more popular.

You can work at getting people to your blog. It takes some doing, but there are threads about it here, and you can search on the internet.

6 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Nicola's right.

Don't say that too loud!  

We are happy to read your work, Zee, we are merely inclined to make suggestions more than the common public.  Our writerly brains are highly attuned to the craft on this site.  The general public needs to hear what you have to say!  You need the widest audience possible!  

• Thanks 1

So, from what I understand of the bit I've read (not much, admittedly) a blog is a good place to share you writing, right? But what if you have zero followers?

Also, I've been sharing bits of writing since I started the blog. Nothing has come of it.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Kendra, it sometimes takes years to develop a following. Being involved in social media is a big part of gathering those followers. Developing friendships, relationships. 

• Like 2

Keep reading. Information is there! Keep looking. 

And it doesn't happen overnight. That is one of the things the helpful sites will remind you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Kendra, it sometimes takes years to develop a following. Being involved in social media is a big part of gathering those followers. Developing friendships, relationships. 

Very true. My website when I had my Human Beans comic strip going had 20,000 readers a month. Now that I have stopped that series, my readership has dropped dramatically. I am in the process of trying to build that up again, but it takes time, lots of time.

• Like 1

Well, I actually like the idea of people with "writerly brains," reading and commenting on my work. So maybe I will just hang out here for a while.

• Like 3

Wattpad is a great platform to get your writing out to a lot of people, if you truly intend to give your writing away for free. If you're looking to find more readers, then I would suggest you try this. It is not just a Christian community, however. In fact, I would say that it is primarily teenie-bopper and YA/NA. There is a lot of fanfic that comes out of that site. But I'm sure you could find a good readership if you were diligent.

• Like 1