Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

The Dreaded "screen Read"

I can't tell you how much I despise reading on the computer. The main reason I must nowadays is that my printer isn't working right now.

But even when my printer is a in working order, I almost can't stand e-books. I have dozens upon dozens downloaded to both my Kindle and my Kindle for PC. But I'll be honest with you: I haven't read many of them yet.

What is your opinion on ebooks? Do you like or hate them? Or are you somewhere in the middle?

35 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

What is your opinion on ebooks? Do you like or hate them? Or are you somewhere in the middle?

As a reader, I'm in the middle. I think they're a brilliant invention because you can have a library of books sitting in your hands. Reading them takes an adjustment because I was raised on print books, and I find them easier to navigate.

As a writer, I LOVE THEM!! Why? Because my readers love them. Also because it enables me to instantly sell books all over the world without having them physically in stock. My retailers can even tell me what country I sold them in. Over the years I've been amazed that copies sold in places like Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, India, Norway, etc.  One of my books sells pretty well in Australia and New Zealand.

You also need to keep this in mind: While print books are still going strong, Amazon sells more eBooks than print books.          

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

You also need to keep this in mind: While print books are still going strong, Amazon sells more eBooks than print books.

Good to know! 🙂

Depends. If it is for studying, I like print books. It's so much easier to find things in a print book. If I'm reading purely for enjoyment, I like ebooks. Mostly because as a homeschooling mama I have no room for more books. Five full bookcases of school books later it's getting a little crowded. :$ 

• Like 1

I have a toddler now. When he outgrows them, I will give them to someone that needs them. Plus, I have a few grades up for the oldest. Think preschool to high school. That's a lot of books. 

• Like 1

ebooks  are the future, lol and present. I only read books on my Kindle (or iPhone) now. I fought it for a long time, liking the feel of a book in my hand. But now it is so convenient to have a whole library in the palm of your hand. I have my Bible (although I still bring my leather bound Bible to church), concordance, Bible commentaries, with me all the time. Plus, (I am embarrassed to say) hundreds of books on my Kindle and iPhone. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure if I could just get the hang of it I would use my Kindle more often. I prefer the Kindle to my computer, though. I can be almost anywhere to read on it (if I have it with me, which doesn't happen very often anymore).

I also have Kindle on my iPhone which is convenient when waiting in doctor’s office, dentist, tires, etc.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure if I could just get the hang of it I would use my Kindle more often. I prefer the Kindle to my computer, though. I can be almost anywhere to read on it (if I have it with me, which doesn't happen very often anymore).

I also have Kindle for PC, and have downloaded dozens of books, but...