Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Rebecca,

I've never tried to set up a website like this, so I don't know how much would be involved, but I'm not trying to create more work for you.

Is there some way to make italics translate from Word to this site? I just spent three hours reviewing TD's story. I put explanations in italics for him. When I copied/pasted it into a PM, the italics disappeared. In the process of trying to put them back, I lost the whole post. I uttered a "Grrrr" and copied/pasted it into a new PM. Then I sent it so I wouldn't lose the whole post. Of course, now I can't get back into what I sent him to fix the italics. 

I had tried creating the review in a post in the PM, but I kept hitting some key combination that would lose the message.

Or do you have some other suggestion for me?

***Rebecca will answer this. But here's an added tip in case you don't know it. When you lose some portion of text, just click on ctrl plus z and it will reappear. :D

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

When you lose some portion of text, just click on ctrl plus z and it will reappear. :D

Hey, you just taught me something! I'll have to test that out! :)

12 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Is there some way to make italics translate from Word to this site?

Hmm, maybe. I added a "Paste from Word" option on another site. Let me try to recreate that here. We can see if that works to preserve formatting.

I'll post an update once I'm done.

Ok, I added a "Paste from Word" button to the editor (to the right of the smilie button). Please test and see if this helps.

15 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Hey, you just taught me something! I'll have to test that out! :)

Me? Teach you? Wow! xD Once in a while, it doesn't work for some reason. Usually does though.

• Like 1

And here I was trying to figure out how to do that from Google docs. Now I can just copy from my Windows laptop."Joy unspeakable!"