Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Lucian Hodoboc

I'm Looking For A Website

A few weeks (months?) ago, while reading some threads in this community, I came across a link to a website that had an online store where there were a bunch of Christian novels for sale. I didn't bookmark the site, but I kept the tab open among the multitude of tabs in my browser. I always keep my browser set to remember all my open tabs from last time, but yesterday my browser suffered a malfunction and deleted the entire session. I have lost the link to the site where I had seen those Christian novels and I cannot remember the titles of the novels, and it's infuriating because one of them had caught my attention through its cover and blurb. It was a young adult novel, but my memory simply fails me. Anyone know what the site was? I think the link is somewhere in a thread in this community, but I simply cannot find it.

i-dont-even-have-a-picture-of-him-he-exi

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Lucian, I have no idea. I must not have seen it. Sorry I couldn't help. :(

• Like 1

Oh, if you could remember some of the wording in the comment, you could do a search.

55 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, if you could remember some of the wording in the comment, you could do a search.

I can't even remember what the book was about, much less the wording in the comment. All I know is that it was a young adult novel about some girl and it had a blue cover with a cool image on it. It's fine. I guess God just didn't want me to read it. Oh, well...

• Sad 1

Do you maybe remember the book title? Perhaps, if you do, you can google it?

Sorry I am not sure ether, but I like the picture illustration you used. 

Nice picture! 

There have been a few. Do you remember anything about the conversation of the thread the link was in?

I remember someone linked a fantasy site a while back. Lynn or Nicola I think. 

Awesome! I knew if you remembered something from the conversation, you could search for it. So glad you did. :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Do you mean LoreHaven?

Yes. And many of the people there are also over at the Realm Makers Consortium online and on FB. Many of those people run in the same writer's circles that I do.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, Johne said:

Many of those people run in the same writer's circles that I do.

Oh, that's so awesome! I wish I ran in those writing circles as well! 😮

32 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Oh, that's so awesome! I wish I ran in those writing circles as well! 😮

The writing circles I'm in are open to everyone. I just started joining sites like this, mailing lists, online groups, and began hanging around with other writers, both Christian and normal. Before long, I started to recognize names in multiple places, just like I was in multiple places. Right now, a lot of the activity that I see is on FB. 

The biggest and most active is Realm Makers Consortium started by my friend Becky Minor. I've worked and hung around online with most of the Admins.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RealmMakersConsortium/

Another good FB group is Iron Sharpening Iron:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/417974044985457/

I've met many of my writer friends right here at ChristianWriters.com - now K.M. Weiland and C.S. Lakin have moved on and have successful careers helping others learn how to write. Katie's got a number of sites from her page and on FB:

Susanne also has various sites:

Mike Duran is a Christian who writes for the mainstream. I really like his Reagan Moon paranoir novels. He's got a blog and a FB page and is very high profile. (He's also a really good guy - I've chatted with him at length about writing novels and publishing.)

There are many other people and places - I searched around until I found a way to get my toe in the door and kept expanding my search. After awhile, I began to run in to the same people over and over, and viola!, writing circles found! ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lucian...

The next time you lose all your open tabs, there may be another way to recover. In many browsers, if you look into the section on your browser history, there's often an item called "Recently Closed," and possibly another that would be something like, "16 tabs." That last one, if clicked, would restore the 16 tabs that were open in the previous session. (I just picked 16 out of the air; if you had 5 open tabs, it would say 5 tabs.) The Recently Closed would, as suspected, show the recently closed tabs.

The trick is to do this immediately after you suddenly come up in a "tabless" session, before your browser decides to "help" you by clearing them out.

I also don't know what site have you seen, but I suggest you another one, I am also a poetry and novel lover lady, and mostly I bought my all books from back to school coupon code, because here varieties of novels almost every writer available all the time and by using codes I get much discount. If you wanna buy than search there hope you will find your desirable novels. 

On 7/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Johne said:

...both Christian and normal.

I always suspected I wasn't normal. 😆

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😉 lol!!

@Lucian Hodoboc - If you use FireFox, there's an option to restore previous session under the menu in the upper right.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rebecca said:

- If you use FireFox, there's an option to restore previous session under the menu in the upper right.

The problem was solved back in March, as shown by this post.

Also, I was not using Firefox at the time. 😋

On 3/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

but I simply cannot find it

Who put the titanic lady on? Were you wondering who she was or was that a link?

Thank you. I did a meme once.  Not live action, and not all images are original, so I do not post it. It is a very medical meme.  Want to see it?

If you post it, MaryKaithe, you might want to post it in the general discussion. I'm going to close this thread as it is old and doesn't need more discussion. :)