Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Beachwalker

Are You Accomplishing God's Assignments (coffee Didn't Help)

Question.  How many of you are satisfied that you are accomplishing, with your works(writing) the assignments that God gave you?

I feel that I have a abundant amount of words to share with others but can't find the proper format to use. Can you share with me the formats ( blogs, self published books, magazine articles etc) that you have used that you feel you have made a satisfying impact on other people's lives . How have you shared your walk with God?

BW, I changed the title because I don't think others knew exactly what your question was. Hope that's okay. :)

Now, for your question. Please understand. I have listed all this for a reason. It's taken 11 years to accumulate all this. It's food for thought. It may help you develop relationships with others. This helps to have them invite you to contribute. Also, searching for sites that you can guest for.

This is how I am sharing what I believe the Lord has led me to do. I also have a couple of books in the works (and one that's been on the shelf for years).

*I write on my blog twice a week.

*my free ebook: Ruth: A Story of Redemption

*contributor to books

My Encounter with Billy Graham

Additional Christmas Moments

Christmas Hearts

Granola Bar Devotionals

Encountering the God of Wholeness

Ya Know What I’m Say’n

Facing Our Fears: 31 Stories from M.O.M. (available for free download http://www.themominitiative.com/free-ebooks/ )

Getting It Together: 31 Days to a More Together You (available as above)

Overwhelmed: 31 Stories from M.O.M. (available as above)

He's Still Working Miracles: Daring To Ask God for the Impossible (quote)

*columnist/guest for magazines (also online)

Ruby Magazine, Secret Place, Comfort Café, Internet Café, Novel Rocket, High Calling, AuthorCulture, Exemplify and Wordsmith Journal (both out of print)

*weekly/monthly columnist for online sites

1LightforGod

At the Well

Christian Books for Women

CrossReads

Daily Signs of Hope

GEM Ministries

Grace and Faith 4 U

Granola Bar Devotionals

Inner Fulfillment

JournEzine

JOYful Home and Life

Lift Up Your Day

Living Better at 50+

Network of Christian Women Bloggers

Power to Change/TheLife.com/Truth Media

RachaelCarman.com

Sanctified Together/defunct

Take Root and Write

The Consilium

The M.O.M. Initiative

Weused2bu.com

*other sites and guest posts

Thank you.  You have been very helpful.  I thought about a blog. So would you suggest I use the blog account available on this site or generate a Facebook page that I can just keep updating.  I want to post poems and some short stories.  If they receive favorable reviews I will use that encouragement to print and market my book. Facebook would be easier for me to maintain if you feel it works. I am retired so income is not the major incentive.  

And yes, that was a terrible title.  Thank you again. I have really enjoyed this forum. 

Having a blog and a FB page or two different things. I think starting a blog would be the ideal thing and then also having a FB page. But I don't think posting your work on FB is a good idea. It's not like a blog. It's just a base to be connected to others. Maybe posting a portion/snippet of your work or blog post with a link to your site is best. Getting feedback on a blog is preferable.

Whether you start a blog here or on some other platform is up to you. I would check them all out. There are many things that you need on a blog. It can be a lot of work and learning new things. Be sure to do a lot of research before jumping into something. And you can always come here to ask your questions.  :D

Yes and no, not completely content yet. But, I am glad I found my place, almost clear of my call.

Little testimony here for anyone with a difficult early day marriages. I am married for a decade now with a very happy marriage but during the early days of my marriage, I found it difficult to see how different we both were. I didn’t find one thing that we both could do together in peace (of course other than what all other newly married couple do…. lol😉). It was a difficult season, it didn’t make any sense to me. We both were believers but it was a far cry to see that this marriage could accomplish anything significant, let alone eternally significant. In the past few years, the picture became little by little clear, he is blessed with a gifting for video editing, directing, and I with teaching and exhorting. We stated a small YouTube channel and discuss biblical insights. The channel didn’t grow exponentially and miraculously, but it gives me such a satisfaction to know that we are both together doing something for God’s kingdom. I am amazed at the way that this specific ministry needs two very different people with very different gifting and the beautiful unfolding of God’s plan in our life. Like I said we are not completely there yet, but we found our place and are fully satisfied with that. So, if you don’t see a clear picture of the purpose of your marriage yet, wait a little more. When we were married YouTube was not even a thing, at least not a thing like it is now. The Creator of our marriage sees the future, we don’t.

And to your question, I am doing something in this season with a demands of being a wife, mother to a wonderful little girl, a daughter, a friend, a sister, and a nurse educator, but I would love to do more, remarkably more.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:46 AM, Ahila Prabu said:

And to your question, I am doing something in this season with a demands of being a wife, mother to a wonderful little girl, a daughter, a friend, a sister, and a nurse educator, but I would love to do more, remarkably more.

I'm tired just reading this!  But I feel your heart beating, and I do believe you will do the more you desire. 

Thank you for your encouragement about marriage.  I'm in year 29 and I still need to know that God has a fulfillment there too!

On 2/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, Beachwalker said:

How many of you are satisfied that you are accomplishing, with your works(writing) the assignments that God gave you?

Not in the least!  But I have an eternal perspective and I know God will give me paper and a pen in heaven.  As long as I keep on keeping on, I'll accomplish His desire. 

• Like 1