Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Linda Delgado

Update: My Cousin's Reply Regarding The Poems

My cousin, Mike, let me know about the poems I sent:  "I read your poems -- lovely!  He can see me sitting in a circle with other people, meditating on these poems."  

That was very encouraging to me!  He said he only found one typo.

Edited by Linda Delgado

I'm doing better, now.  Your prayers are always welcome, though.  It's just been a rough week for me.  God bless ya'll and I'm sure I'll talk to some of ya'll later.

Oh, Linda, I wish I could reach out and give you an e-hug. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. Believe in yourself. You are worthy. You are worthy because Christ is in you. Don't compare yourself to others. You have a special place in life and writing, those only you can touch. So keep at it. Believe in yourself. And tell the enemy to stuff it! You are the victor! :D🖤

Thank you, Lynn.  I appreciate that word of confidence.  I needed that.

I guess I could be somewhat appreciative, since my cousin will be looking over about 20 poems the Lord gave me.  He has told me that he will edit them for me, show them to their chaplain and if they're good enough, help me get them published (all at no cost to me).  The poems will still be mine, but they will still have the rights to reprint them and distribute them to homeless shelters, prison ministry, etc.

Not sure what to say except I think we've all been there at one level and/or time or another. 

I will say keep your focus on the Lord. Remember He never said it would be easy, but He would always be with you.

Sounds like a great start with help from your cousin. We're all praying for you. 

I don't think I can add to all the other great things everyone else has said, but I will be praying for you! 

And I love your poems!  I always get excited when I see that you've posted one. 

Romans 8: 35-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thank you everyone for your prayers!  I really appreciate it.  Please keep praying.  I've noticed that certain  things trigger my emotions.  I 1st get angry and then I start crying, feeling hopeless and insignificant.  I know the Lord loves me and all the negative thoughts are a lie.  I feel so overwhelmed.  I hardly have time for myself (quiet time, writing, my Bible Study, etc.).  I do chalk up alot of it to Spiritual Warfare, but I feel it might be physically/emotionally originated.  I don't know.  I just feel so exhausted afterwards (physically and emotionally).  So, anyway, keep me in your prayers.  I don't know if I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown, or what.  Thank you for all your prayers.😊  

P.S.  The pastor requested, almost a month ago, if I would share one of the poems I wrote.  I haven't decided yet and I don't even know which one to share.

Edited by Linda Delgado

1 hour ago, Linda Delgado said:

I haven't decided yet and I don't even know which one to share.

All of them are beautiful, and any would be a great choice! 

Yes, I agree. Just choose one and don't fret over it.

I think you need to schedule some alone/quiet time for yourself. Sounds like you need some calm and silence added to your day. That alone time with the Lord is what gives you strength for the rest of the day. I would also think you need to have some bloodwork done. You may need some vitamins. Or you could have a thyroid that is out of kilter.

Praying all is set right. 🖤

• Like 1