Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I am requesting prayers.  My brother-in-law, Joseph Soito has died.  He was 82 years old, and been having serious medical problems for the past few years.

Here's further information, copied from an official obituary, posted by the Horton-Mathie Funeral Home in Greenport, New York; which is on Long Island:

Joseph Soito

Visitation:  Sunday, February 10th from  2 - 6 p.m. at Horton-Mathie Funeral Home 735 First St.   Greenport Firematic Service: Sunday, February 10th at 5:00 p.m. with the Orient Fire Department.

Mass of Christian Burial: Monday, February 11th 10:00 a.m. at St. Agnes RC Church 523 Front St. Greenport Internment to follow: in the parish cemetery with Military Honors to be rendered by the U.S. Army Honor Guard.

I'm not sure what else to say, except that we are all in need of all your prayers.

Thank you.

William D'Andrea

Edited by William D'Andrea

Lord, please provide William peace and comfort in this time of grief. Be with him and his family during this time and remind them you are there,  that we are all your children.  Amen

William, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. Praying also that the Lord gives you peace and comfort.

William. I just found this. I am truly sorry for your loss. When we lose someone, no matter their age, we feel that loss. We learn that we have to accept it but we will never get over it. Prayers for you and your family.

Thank you. 

I attended the Wake on Saturday afternoon; the Funeral on Monday morning, and Burial around noontime.  They were all extremely difficult to get through, but we had one another to strengthen each other, along with all the prayers, from relatives, friends and neighbors.

I thank all of you for your prayers; along with the prayers from the people at my Church; the First Presbyterian Church of Greenlawn N.Y.  Along with the prayers from members of St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church in Greenport, New York; where my sister and brother-in-law are (were) members.  It's the same Church where I attended their wedding, 53 years ago.

I again thank everyone for your prayers.