Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I write this to release the angry from yesterday.  I have not gotten over it.

This is about conversing at work.  

When explaining the tools I use to get to the end result on a project, it feels like I am selling myself. My work ethics are different then those in the office.

They like to socialize, tell each others business, and I just do not tell just any one my business.

Hence, when I was explaining the tools I used, of which the manager showed me how to use one time to complete the assigned task, it was as if someone else was talking.

I could not be myself out of fear.  Fear that if i do not explain correctly-just like him,  I would be gossip about and fired.

Let me back up.

I take on challenges, not out of, "Look see what I can do", but out of "I will try and learn".

The manager has been doing his job for over 25 years.  He is a one man show.  He does not normally delegate, However, when he does, he wants it his way, vs a better way that will give the same in result.  You know the saying, " Work smart, not hard"?  So, conversing with him is like pulling teeth, and it is very frustrating.

He said it seems like I am struggling and ak if I should be doing this job.  I was so angry, after many conversations we had about task, and interacting with colleagues in setting up meetings and doing research, etc.  He completely dismissed my work ethics.  I work.  Also, if I am not clear on how to do something, I will ask.  He does not like it. He expects me to pick up tools and know how to use it completing the first time.

I was so angryin hearing the comment and question- tears were forming in my eyes, and my stomach begun forming a knot.  So, I turned my face from him and told him-"I am going home'. It was pass the hour to stop working.

As I drove home, I begun to cry.  Thoughts flood my head, "You are not good enough. Just forget it and die already.  You do not matter. You are a failure." Oh, my gosh, it just kept going on. After I arrived home, fed the cats, and sat in my room-I burst into a deep cry.  i felt abandoned-confused as if I was being pulled into different directions.

No one to call on to just listen to me (I am tearing up now). I will be back....I am back. No one to bear my burden for a minute.  I had to dig deep and came up that I am out of place at work.  I need to find another job before it is too late. The reality to that is I am not a spring chicken, but I hae skills.

Jesus said He would never leave you nor forsake you.  So, I am holding on to that in the midst of being misunderstood.

Thanks for reading.

I'm praying for you right now!

Psalm 61:1-3

Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.

2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

3 For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry your heart is hurting. I'm so glad you felt you could come here and unload. You are always welcome to do so. We understand. Praying the Lord gives you a special touch of His presence and His comfort. May He guide you to the job that best suits you. Please keep us posted. 🖤

• Like 1

I'm praying for you Virginia. It's heartbreaking to read that you're going through such a hard time.

God will always be with you ❤️ Sending internet hugs

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having at work, the pressure can be tough when others don't understand your point of view or work ethic. Continue working the same as you have been while looking for  a job that you will enjoy working at. Keep doing what is right, don't give up!

Praying for your hurt and pain! To be misunderstood is so frustrating and unfair,...but you are not alone.  ❤️

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart 

and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, 

and he will make your paths straight."

• Like 1

Thank you all for just being there.

All the scriptures you shared are true.  However, when one of such issue arise out of now where, those scripture seem to not carry value at that present time.  That is the active deception in the midst to blind us from the trues of scripture about our Lord.

The weekend was pretty rough, mentally.  My mind kept replaying the conversation.  Thereby, beating myself down and  questioning my faith.  I just went through the motions of taking care of chores and running errands.  I was not mentally present.

I thought about you coming to my aid, reading and listening about my anger.  I was standing on the ledge-ready to jump (Not literrally).  I felt beaten down to nothingness.  I felt I deserved the words that came of of the manager's mouth. It felt like every cell pushing to the thiness layer of my skin to suffocate me; sensing the red burning ambers above a fire.

Praise God for His mercy and grace.  

Not to give the devil a foothole, I went to the first place I knew would, read my anger. It is another confirmation that writing is my relief-like letting the air out of the tire. 

Again, thank you.  Thank you for taking that moment to encourage me. We may never meet, but it felt like we did out of love for one another.

I know you will continue to pray for me and that is a shield of which the enemy is unable to breakthrough.

p.s. I hope someone can benefit from my anger and see why need to carry each other's burden-that the person is not snatched away from the narrow path.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Virginia Winterstorm said:

I know you will continue to pray for me and that is a shield of which the enemy is unable to breakthrough.

Yes!  Praying right now!

When you have those times of being down about this shabby treatment, reflect on Philippians 4:8 

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

This verse helps me when I am emotionally and mentally down.

• Like 1

It was a good day.  

Keeping in mind the support I have for those who love the Lord. Encouraging. Most and far more, the Lord. He is gracious and merciful.

Running is always the best option because the flesh arises to get you justification as for why you end yourself or quick in a hast

All the scripture you shared were taken as a snapback from a bad trip (NO pun intended)

This has inspired me to do an essay on being misunderstood.

Please share a little to use in my essay.  I will only use initials or anonymous.

🤗Praise God for you. I will include this group in prayer.

God be with-Peace be with you.

• Like 3

Hi Virginia,

Thank you for sharing your hurt and your story as well as your victory!  It's so humbling to find yourself at the bottom of the pit but God promises that he will lift up the humble and raise up the weak! Resurrection works best in graveyards.  Death always hurts but our resurrection is like summer rain and sunshine in the soul.  

I always find myself in a place where I feel extremely inadequate and if it wasn't for the Holy Spirit's guidance and the people God sends to help, I'd be utterly lost.  I work in the film industry and it's a grueling, heartless business most of the time. I thank God that his calling has come with strength and confidence in Him.

2 Cor. 2:4-6 Such confidence we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,  who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

In all things we are more than conquerors. You keep on keeping' on, girl!

Edited by DrRita
  • Like 1

I know what that kind of despair is like. God bless you. When I feel slipping back into that deep, dark pit, I try to put some praise music on and praise my way back out of it. God knows you’re hurting and He cares for you. It could very well be that He has put you in that situation so that you can be a light and a witness to your coworkers. I’m praying for you, that God would give you comfort and strength. ♥️

Edited by Dramedy Writer