Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
charles wenzel

New Age Mysticism

Twenty-seven years ago I came out of New Age Mysticism. I was involved for over twenty-five years, after being raised in a Christian home, with twelve-years perfect Sunday school attendance.

I have written a to-date unpublished book on the subject and my experience. I'm looking for other Christians who came out of such a counterfeit.

In my Christian writer's group, I've found one friend whose family members are involved in centering their lives around "the Universe," and so has an informed perspective. Anyone on this forum with a similar background of either direct or indirect involvement?

Jesse

I don't have enough experience with New Age to help you much but it's a excellent subject to write about. One of my characters in my story touches lightly on the subject. What you need to do is meet a Wicca in training, now that makes for a interesting conversation. 

I  encourage you to go for it. 

Lucian,

When my wife and I moved to CO three years ago, I discovered a well-established Christian writers group of 20 or so writers. Per some more experienced writers in our group, our group is a real find. Being the only one I've been in, I guess I'm spoiled. Oh, what a blessing it has been. It's as if I moved here just for meeting and learning and interacting with each other. The Holy Spirit is certainly with our fun-loving group.

So blessed. I would hope each writer might find or start a network. If anyone needs help or insights, let me know. We'd love to expand into something like "sister cities."

I, personally, made so many mistakes being a lone wolf writer. All of our unique talents have come together to accelerate our growth in writing, encourage and help each other. It's now a major part of our journey in writing.

You need not share your the plot or outline of your story but I am interested in your progress.  New Age folks would be the biggest challenge to reach. 

It's nonfiction. Begins with my youthful story then becomes the unveiling of the Mystery at the heart of mysticism, which keeps its worldview in place. Their "God within" is neither a demonic deception nor a bold faced lie, but something much simpler than that--and why the counterfeit is so effective. [I'm not saying the phenomenon is not used as a demonic deception or a lie, but that is not its source. Just as a baseball bat used in a crime is not why it was made.]

After leaving that worldview and coming to Christ, I didn't initially look back. But in my avid study of the Bible, the contrast presented to me by the HS between the lie that captured me and the truth that set me free, inspired me to write. My purpose being to provide both the unwary and those already deceived with an informed, second opinion. Which I could have used way back when I was 17.

Yes. That's what I came away with.  That's why it attracts so many. Plus it's not one organization but a lot of small ones . It sounds like it got potential to be a great read.