Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicholas Reicher

Windows 8.1 - Over It

My computer has crashed and had windows corrupted four times - once last year, then every month since November.

I'm over it.

The crashes have been difficult to recover from. So, I had to order a new computer with windows 10... not happy. If I had the money I'd move to mac.

I really think that Windows was at its peak with Vista.

Oh, dear! I'm so sorry. This is always a nightmare. Yeah, I'm with you on Windows. Did you have everything backed up?

Everything except email, websites and passwords.

I've changed that, but I lost 16 years worth of emails. Now I'll never know what was on sale at Home Depot in 2004.

LOL Oh, my! That is a tragedy! ;)

But yikes! You've lost all your passwords? That is a true tragedy. You didn't use LastPass or keep a doc/spreadsheet of them? :(

Since you're new to Windows 10, and yes, it has its faults, here is something you should probably look at.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-turn-cortana-and-stop-personal-data-gathering-windows-10

Windows 10 is notorious for gathering your personal data for use by Cortana, the digital assistant. 

And for those who like the more simple menu system of Windows 7 and earlier:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/make-windows-10-like-windows-7

Hopefully this will help adapt your new computer to work the way you want it to Nicholas.  :)

Here's how to store Thunderbird messages on Dropbox, so you never lose a Home Depot email ever again.

In the left column, click on your email address. Choose "view settings for this account."

In a new window, scroll to the storage location for your Thunderbird account, usually C:\Users\yourname\appdata\roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\kly32qhl.default\Mail\account name

Copy the folder starting at Thunderbird and paste that in your Documents folder on dropbox.

Now go to the Thunderbird window, choose the storage folder and change it to the new dropbox folder

C:\Users\yourname\Dropbox\Documents\Thunderbird\Profiles\kly32qhl.default\Mail\accountname

Thunderbird will want to restart, and now all of your emails will go to the new account.

My desktop runs Win 7. For some reason, unlike my other machines, they haven't forced the upgrades on this one. And I'm perfectly fine with that.