Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hello. New member here. Hope this is in the right place and not annoying anyone.

Facebook has taught me how easy it is to annoy people.

I'm not a luddite, although, to 13 year-olds, are we are all Luddites. 

I am here to ask folks if they wouldn't mind beta reading one or both of the 2 books I'm publishing please and post a review on Amazon.

I'm not sure of the formalities but it would be lovely to hear from someone.

To avoid any wasting of of your time, my stories do contain a small amount of sex (only when relating to the plot) and a bit of cursing (only when it contributes to characterisation). 

If you are still reading, thanks. 

An Unfortunate Dimension - published December 15th 2018 on Amazon 

An Unfortunate Dimension is a fast-paced psychological sci-fi thriller unlike anything else. It takes the reader on a cinematic, compelling journey through dimensions, virtual reality and time. Salvador doesn’t know how he ends up where he does from day to day. He’s been experiencing a dimensional schizophrenia, jumping into bizarre scenes across time and space. Is the universe messing with him, interfering with his only goal, to bring his wife out of her coma before it’s too late?

All is not as it seems. The disappearance of a young girl leads Salvador to clues as to why he’s being thrown from dimension to dimension.

image.thumb.png.5268d8b4a31f7f29ada3b1fc2f951812.png

Machine Sense - due for publication April 1st 2019

Zak sees things change that no-one else does. His best buddy suddenly became someone he’d never met, president Garfield is now president Valdez. Something is screwing up the timeline. To everybody else though its always been as it is.  He’s been alone with this since he was a teenager but then he meets Allie, someone else who sees the same changes. Her mum does as well and it seems his daughter, Izzy is showing signs of seeing the changes too. 

There follows a tale of nazis, reverse engineered alien spacecraft, Auschwitz experiments and alien-human hybrids with eyes that change from green to blue for no apparent reason.

They discover this is not a random universal glitch, someone is changing the timeline to benefit themselves and what’s worse, they’re targeting people whose eyes change like Izzy. Things just got very real for Zak.

image.thumb.png.a807fcd2b5e31c1826cb16c5be7c7b2a.png

If anyone is interested, do please get in touch

Thanks.

Dom

Are these books already in process of publication? Or will you be making changes to the copy based on feedback?

Ok, thank you for the clarification. A beta reader is someone who reads and offers feedback before publication, so it sounds like that isn't relevant here. If you're just looking for Amazon reviews, unfortunately we don't have a spot to post those types of requests.

Once you've been around a while and are a more established member, we do have opportunities for you to publicize your work.

Thanks. Machine Sense isn't published yet. I was advised to seek beta readers for honest critiques of work. Ideally that would result in a reader review on Amazon so I get what you say. Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, dombledore said:

An Unfortunate Dimension - published December 15th 2018 on Amazon 

Welcome to the forum. I like your title, and the cover is nicely done. Good job!

A little advice from one author to another: be extra careful when soliciting reviews for your Amazon product page. If you're not already familiar with them, Amazon has a number of rules regarding reviews - and they've been aggressively enforcing them lately.

Mainly, keep in mind that review swaps are a big no-no, and they will block reviews from people who you are connected with through social media. Yes, they do check. Also, they won't allow reviews from anyone who hasn't made at least $50 worth of purchases. It's a real pain, but Amazon has been dealing with a lot of fake review activity.

I wish you well with your book launch(es).