Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Charles 309

Charles 309

Hi my name is Charles and I am a unpublished author. I received the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior in the winter of 1971. The story of my life in the Lord is a rather lengthy one, so I will begin with the story of how I received my book from the Lord.

While I was in Bible school I was blessed to hear a story told by the late evangelist TL Osborn, entitled "God Has a Great Idea". It left the indelible thought in my mind that one great idea from God could redirect the life and the destiny of a believer.

One day in the summer of 2008 I had just come away from the time of intense fellowship and worship with the Lord Jesus. As I stood looking out my front door, in an instant of time, I received the idea and the complete outline for my book. Actually, I should say the Lord's book because in truth He is the author from start to finish.

I immediately went to my computer and created the outline for this story. Before I could finish the outline certain portions of that outline began to bud like a tree in springtime. Each character seemed to appear before my eyes like someone I had once intimately known, and their role in the story was crystal clear. Story began to unfold in a clear chronological sequence.

My editing process seemed to be quite unique to me. Once I felt I had told the story written I began to read it. As I read each aspect of the story began to bloom again, like a small bud becoming a bloom and a bloom opening into a flower. Each time I read the 130 page document it grew. Eventually it became a 400+ page book.

After 14 months I finished this book, but I knew it needed some technical polishing before I could submit it to an agent or publisher. Try as I might I could not find anyone willing to take on the project. So it sat on my computer, put aside, but not forgotten. Things continued like this for almost 10 years.

I moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2014 to be near my daughter and her family. After finding a church home there I eventually met a precious sister in the Lord who was a retired schoolteacher. I gave her an electronic copy of my book and asked her if she would read it. She said she would, and later told me that she thought the book had great potential but that it needed some serious editing. I agreed and asked her if she would be willing to do that. She said no, but she would teach me to do the editing. She did, I did, and the book was ready to go to a publisher in the fall of 2018.

In the ensuing time I have tried to find a publisher or a literary agent. I have looked into self-publishing, and discovered at this time it is not a viable option for me. I continue to seek out a literary agent that is willing to promote this book without a substantial cash outlay on my part.

Hopefully this is given you some insight into me and my situation. I look forward to being a part of your community.

Welcome to our writing family, Charles. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D