Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicola

other Audiobook Producer

In early childhood, I snuggled on my grandmother's lap and listened to her bring all the voices of Winnie the Pooh, Beatrix Potter and Arthur Ransom to life.  "Doing the voices" came naturally to me after that.

As a lay reader in church, people always compliment my expression.  I know the Holy Spirit brings new meaning to their hearts through the way I am inspired to inflect and enunciate. 

When I carpooled kids to school, we had two sisters who would fight like cats!  There was blood in the back seat until one day, the youngest picked up a CD from the seat pocket and said, "Let's listen to seeee essss leeeeweees."  We listened to all the Narnia books and the blood stopped flowing!  At that point I could not afford more CDs so I began recording children's classics.  Four years worth of peace and education followed.  

This November I bought some equipment and started looking for narration work. 

Have you heard the buzz about audiobooks?  They are the rising stars of the literary world.  I would love to assist you to produce your stories and boost them into the 'audible' universe. 

Here is a sample of my voice:A Long Lost Fantasy by Ella Rose Carlos

If you send me a 300 word audition script, I can give you a sample from your own story.  That way you can know how I might interpret your words.  Of course, the best part of this job is the creative collaboration between us!  I want to know your characters from your perspective so I can bring them the kind of life you always wanted them to have.   

My preferred genres, in no particular order are: devotions, testimonials and memoirs, non-fiction, children's books,  literary fiction, fantasy, sci fi, romance, heroic adventures!  

Edited by Nicola
More information is always a good thing
  • Like 1

Sounds wonderful, Nicola! You might want to fix your link. It comes right back here. May your venture be blessed! :D

Have you looked into ACX? They are the amazon audiobooks. 

In fact, my first ACX collaboration was published today!  

https://adbl.co/2MMumEm  I'm throwing myself a little party!  

Congrats!  I remember when you made your first post asking for help about what to get to start with doing this.  I'm so glad that it's coming along so well and that God has blessed.

Thank you! I appreciate all your support! God is blessing me! He is wonderfully creative.