Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seth Kendrick

Publishing?

Hey it’s been quite some time since I have been on. I’m struggling to find a place for my book to get published, so any of you have an idea where I could get it published?

I truly wish I could help, but I am unable. I would like to suggest you check and verify what you read and are told, including read everything before you sign anything.

If you would like to be traditionally published, you will need an agent as about 99% of publishers will only deal with an agent. However, there are a few small publishers. I don't have a list of them but I would search the Christian Writers Market Guide. And please be careful. There are too many scammers out there just waiting to pounce on unsuspecting new authors. Research everything. Check with us here. There are several threads on what and who to watch out for. You can also self-publish if you'd like to do it yourself. 

Thank you I appreciate the help. I have just had a book I’ve been trying to get published for a few months. I hate how hard it is to get anything on the market.

I am praying for you!  I remember your stories.  You have talent!!!  

Guest Steven Hutson
On 1/19/2019 at 9:29 AM, Seth Kendrick said:

I hate how hard it is to get anything on the market.

Not a helpful perspective.

There's a lot of junk on the market, more and more every day. I am thankful to the gatekeepers who get in the way.

55 minutes ago, Steven Hutson said:

Not a helpful perspective.

There's a lot of junk on the market, more and more everyday. I am thankful to the gatekeepers who get in the way.

You know he is a teen, right? It's hard for them to get on the market. 

@Seth Kendrick don't worry, while most people think you're young, you got glowing reviews in the critique section from a publisher, so keep at it.  You're on the right track!  

Hey, Seth, don't get discouraged.  Keep plugging away at it and you will be successful.  Don't listen to the naysayers.

Might I suggest you go to some writers' conferences and do a little networking??

Guest Steven Hutson
1 hour ago, Alley said:

You know he is a teen, right?

Doesn't matter. Not the tiniest bit. The market is what it is.

Guest Steven Hutson
1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

Might I suggest you go to some writers' conferences and do a little networking??

Yup. Absolutely. Best advice I've seen all day.

5 hours ago, Steven Hutson said:

Doesn't matter. Not the tiniest bit. The market is what it is.

I think what Alley is saying, Steve, is that a little "... listening, helping, encouraging, and giving..." would go a long in bolstering Seth at a time when he needs it most.

So Alley, good call.  And Seth, we don't want to baby you but give you support.  I'll check and see about publishers for you and I'll take this private.

16 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

I think what Alley is saying, Steve, is that a little "... listening, helping, encouraging, and giving..." would go a long in bolstering Seth at a time when he needs it most.

So Alley, good call.  And Seth, we don't want to baby you but give you support.  I'll check and see about publishers for you and I'll take this private.

Exactly!  And no, no babying.  Just encouragement along your journey.  Plus, a huge celebration when you make it! :)

Guest Steven Hutson
1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

I think we all need those things, pretty much all the time. But that doesn't change any of my answers.

Sorry I haven’t replied in so long I appreciate all the help. I have been really busy lately. I will try really hard to reply. I appreciate your help so so much.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, Seth Kendrick said:

Hey it’s been quite some time since I have been on. I’m struggling to find a place for my book to get published, so any of you have an idea where I could get it published?

It is good to figure out first how you want to publish. There are traditional publishing, small presses, self-publishing, vanity press, and hybrid publishing as options. You'll want to learn about the choices so you know which one fits your book and you the best.

But if you're looking for trad. pub., it does mean looking for an agent, (99% of the time.) I wrote an article a while ago about how I found my list.

How to Gather a List of Agents to Query

On 4/25/2019 at 7:57 AM, Alley said:

@Seth Kendrick It's good to see you around again. Are you out for the summer? 

Not quite yet I still have a few weeks left and then I’m moving. It will be lots of work, but I’ll have a writing office.

1 hour ago, Seth Kendrick said:

I’ll have a writing office

That's awesome! You must be excited! 

Hey!  Seth, I also am happy to see you return.  We haven't forgotten your talent and the promise of great things in your writing!  

Can you send through a picture of your writing office when it is all set up?  Maybe we'll have a post to share what ours look like too!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.