Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
CE Martin

Where Are All The Christian Paranormal Investigators?

When I wrote my book, I questioned it myself.  I had to go to counseling to figure it out.  I wouldn’t blame anyone if they did question it, as I tried to tell myself for years it was all coincidence.  I had to realize that nothing is coincidence and it is all God’s plan.

Mr Hutson, I'm not a theologian but I do understand that God can work in peoples lives any way He chooses. I'm a non denominational believer, and some of my thinking does move outside of orthodox beliefs. Reason being I have seen the Holy Spirit move in peoples lives, witnessed words of knowledge that was completely accurate, met people with insights and knowledge they had not way of knowing and used those insights for the greater good.  I try to totally respect the beliefs of others but sometimes we get caught up in believing something we have been taught without fully investigating. The movie good will hunting had a wonderful quote in it. "don't just regurgitate what you have heard, think for yourself." I have tried to live my life that way, I had to. 

God Bless 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blaine1948 said:

The movie good will hunting had a wonderful quote in it. "don't just regurgitate what you have heard, think for yourself."

This sounds reasonable on the face of it. What I believe is a little further down the road:

The Bereans did not believe the teachings of Paul because he was a good speaker, or he was charismatic, or because he was a friend whom they can trust. No, but we read in Acts 17:11-12 that because of their passion in searching the scripture daily and proving all things, they came to the conclusion that Paul’s teachings were true.

We read in I Thessalonians 5:21, “to test all things; hold fast what is good.”