Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nicholas Reicher

May Have To Start Giving Ideas Away....

Seriously, I may have to start giving ideas away. I must come up with a new novel idea every month. No kidding, I've got ideas for 36 novels.

I'll never get to them all!

Maybe, but I think you should keep the choice ones for yourself. At least for awhile.

Posted (edited)

Nicholas, I am the same way. I come up with SO many different book ideas, and I know that I will not ever be able to use them all. However, even though it makes me sad to think that I could never write all those books, I think it is good to keep thinking up new ideas. It flexes your writing muscles, and keeps your creative juices flowing. 😊 Keep writing your ideas down. Maybe you can eventually use some, or even combine a couple of them or incorporate parts into your current novel(s).

Oh, and it's great you have ideas for different genres. Even if you don't write in that specific genre, you should consider it. You can always switch off, try it for a while and see how you like it, and then go back to your current genre. Sometimes trying a different genre could be groundbreaking.

Edited by Sophie

Yeah, shoot, Nicholas that's great that you have so many fantastic ideas!  You should keep them and write for the sheer pleasure of it.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, Katherine Johnston said:

Turn some of those great ideas into short stories!

I think this is a good idea. And writing for the sheer pleasure of it is good too. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 8:03 AM, Katherine Johnston said:

Turn some of those great ideas into short stories! 😀

Excellent! I should be able to start the first one around 2051.

I should be about 86 years old.

21 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

I should be about 86 years old.

Given the fact that people are living a lot longer these days and the age to receive social security is rising, that will make you just recently retired. :)