Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebecca

What markets do you write for?

I'm not against writing for Christian Markets but honestly I don't think my writing is wholesome and Little House on the Prairie enough for the Christian market.

I write for a local news paper, for several companies online, and pitch to Christian publications. Now that I think about it - did you mean in general or did you mean specifically for books?

both bc I am writing a "how to" book for horses, too. All the rest of my writing is exclusive in Christian Market!

Kat, you are way too funny!

My focus is the Christian market, especially since I'm a graduate student in Theology and don't have much time for anything else.

Almost solely for the Christian Market. I do blog on political things sometimes, but not into the arguments of the arena, just balancing comments kinds of things; the "what sense does this make?" approach.

I honestly don't know which way to answer, so I'm gonna say both. I write exclusively for the Christian market when I write skits, obviously, they're for performance in the church. But, I'm hoping my WIP will crossover to the secular market so it can touch everyone. We'll see once it's done and polished and published, which will be a while.

God bless,

I like what the late Madelaine L'Engle said . . .which applies to secular/christian too ;)

"You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children."

Madeleine L'Engle

I'm not against writing for Christian Markets but honestly I don't think my writing is wholesome and Little House on the Prairie enough for the Christian market.

Neither are most novels published in Christian markets. :P C'mon, you're disregarding Frank Peretti, Mike Duran, Ted Dekker, Tosca Lee, T.L. Hines, Robert Liparulo, etc. This myth that Christian markets only publish the most wholesome books imaginable is simply untrue.

That said. I write for secular markets. Erm . . . I would, anyway, if I actually could manage to get anything published. It's not because I'm too edgy. It's because I don't think I have what the CBA markets want. I don't care much for putting my faith explicitly -- or even implicitly in some cases -- in my works. I may sometimes, but most of my work, if it has any deeper meaning, centers more around politics than spirituality.

So far I've written exclusively for secular markets, although I have no objection to publication by Christian markets. In part, I think my stuff might be a little strong for most Christian publishers, but I also have no desire to limit my potential readers. Christians are more likely to buy secular books than the general populace is to buy Christian books.

Exclusively Christian. However, there are some articles that are geared

for both the Christian and secular market.

I write for Christians who aren't afraid to think, but who don't think they know or need to know everything. :)

I write for Christian and military publications. As a chaplain, it allows me to address faith issues, deployments, combat stress, marriage, parenting, suicide prevention, and just about anything else.

Currently, I write devotions for a quarterly daily devotional publication marketed toward seniors. In the past, I've written news articles for a local newspaper in my area.

Wow, this is an old topic resurrected. B)

(As a side note, I found it interesting to read old posts from members I've never seen active in my time here.)

As for this topic, I shifted my market focus after my third book. My current WIPs will target a general market. This can include Christians, but I'm not writing specifically to them.

I write Christian fiction for young adult and teenage girls. My stories are romances from a teenage girl's POV. I hope that they also appeal to women so that they will buy my books for their daughters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.