Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Bailey Davenport

New Member - Fantasy Author From Michigan

Greetings,

My name is Bailey, and I just released my debut novel about a month ago! I came across this website as I was perusing book blogs looking for people to review it. It's an epic fantasy with subtle Christian allegory. I've been working on it for seven years and self-published through amazon.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with some other Christian authors here! To get things started, humor me by answering some basic icebreaker questions:

1) What is the biggest project you're working on right now? (Writing or otherwise)

2) What is your favorite thing about this site? (Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with all it has to offer and want some insight)

3) What is a fun fact about you?

Here are my answers:

1) Book 2 in my series! I'm about 7,000 words in.

2) Still getting acquainted with it, but in general it's just really neat there's a place for Christian authors to connect.

3) I've worked at an ice rink as a zamboni driver.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to reading a little bit about you!

• Like 1

Welcome to our writing family, Bailey. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

1) Hmmm...blog posts, images to give away on my site.

2) Favorite thing? The people! Hands down. :D

3) I was picked to kiss Tony Curtis in a movie but it didn't work out. :oops::|

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bailey Davenport said:

3) I've worked at an ice rink as a zamboni driver.

LOL Forgot to add this. What a fun thing! :D

• Like 1

Welcome, it's great to meet you.  

1) I'm working on a series of books.  

2) The people!  

3) Umm ... I've made over 10,000 cookies in two hours.  

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1

Welcome Bailey,... congratulations on your book!

(1) Biggest project right now is homeschooling my youngest son and editing my next book. 📗

(2)  The best part of this site is the PEOPLE,...with a shout out to Lynn, our super supportive moderator and Rebecca, who facilitates this great site for Christian writers! It's a beautiful ministry! ❤️

(3) Fun thing about me? I can nail basketball free throws,....whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. My two oldest sons taught me,...it's super easy,...just make sure there's an arch on on the trajectory and whoosh in goes the basketball without touching the rim! 🏀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard, Bailey! And as Katherine said, congrats on your new novel! I'm working on a new site now and am looking for primarily fantasy and sci-fi (but also welcome other genres) to promote. It's not specifically a Christian site, but I'd love to stack it with Christians to set the tone and spread the word. Let me know if you're interested.

1) What is the biggest project you're working on right now? (Writing or otherwise)

Revamping this site, plus preparing to launch of the new site I mentioned above

2) What is your favorite thing about this site? (Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with all it has to offer and want some insight)

As others said, there are really great people here. It feels like family--and since we are all family in Christ, that makes sense.

3) What is a fun fact about you?

I have a collection of fantasy items, including many swords, daggers, and even an Elvish helmet from LOTR. Does that make me a major geek? Probably so, but I'm ok with that. :D

12 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

3) I was picked to kiss Tony Curtis in a movie but it didn't work out. :oops::|

Haha, that's great! Also, what is your website? I'd love to check it out!

12 hours ago, Alley said:

3) Umm ... I've made over 10,000 cookies in two hours.  

That's insane! I can't even imagine what 10,000 cookies looks like let alone making them all.

2 hours ago, Katherine Johnston said:

(1) Biggest project right now is homeschooling my youngest son and editing my next book. 📗

I was homeschooled as well! And I would love to learn your trick for free throws. Basketball has never "clicked" for me. I can do halfway decent at a few other sports, but not basketball. 😄

3 minutes ago, Bailey Davenport said:

That's insane!

That's what industrial equipment is for.  ;)   The downside is that after a few years of this, I no longer like sugar cookies.  ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

Welcome aboard, Bailey! And as Katherine said, congrats on your new novel! I'm working on a new site now and am looking for primarily fantasy and sci-fi (but also welcome other genres) to promote. It's not specifically a Christian site, but I'd love to stack it with Christians to set the tone and spread the word. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks, Rebecca! I am definitely interested. I'm always looking for more ways to spread the word about my book, and I'm pretty deep into the author community on instagram and would be happy to spread news of your site around there. Just let me know what I can do.

Your fantasy collection sounds incredible! I've always wanted a collection like that. Right now my husband and I are in an apartment and space is limited, but maybe someday. 😊

Hi Bailey! Welcome.

1) Currently, I am trying to write a physics study guide for the students who just don't get it, and for whom there don't seem to be study guides for. That has been and is a big challenge.

2) My favorite thing about this site is the people. I was starting to think that gleaning story ideas from every day occurrences, conversations and a host of other things was weird ... until I came upon this site and discovered that I was not alone :D 

3) A fun fact about me? ... Um, okay. This one's a problem. I dance for exercise, and have been able to do some pretty cool, albeit pretty basic, tricks.