Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Sophie

Hey, Everyone!

Hey, everyone!

Introductions. . . ah, right. My name is Sophie. I am a dancer, thinker, devoted student of any class (particularly mathematics and theology), future film producer, and obsessed writer. And I think I mentioned I like to write. After all, we all write, right?

I started creating books at four years of age, and wrote my first novel at thirteen. I am currently writing my third novel for this year and working on my first screenplay. I have written about eight books and short stories along with a trilogy in the making. I have found that I can carry my story to incredible heights, but I don't believe the full potential for my book is ever accomplished until God is added in.

I am hoping to soon take the publishing route such as I believe the majority of us on this writing journey intend to. I had a rather frantic goal to publish my latest book by the end of this year, but I am learning to surrender my writing and timeline to the Lord. His ways are higher than mine- and this is when you learn to say, “quiet flesh! Or I'll, I'll. . .” (I don't know; I didn't think that one all the way through).

This is an incredible community of Christian writers! I am so glad to be here! Personally, just between us, I think there needs to be more of our kind in the world. When has Christian literature ever been in the majority? It will probably never be, but that won't stop us. As the world grows darker, we'll shine brighter. Keep up the good work; you may not be able to light up the entire world, but you can do all you can to brighten your corner of it.

- Sophie

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family, Sophie. Glad you joined us. There are all kinds of things to learn around: writing, marketing, websites, etc. But one thing we all agree on that is essential for a book: it needs to be professionally edited. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family, Sophie. Glad you joined us. There are all kinds of things to learn around: writing, marketing, websites, etc. But one thing we all agree on that is essential for a book: it needs to be professionally edited. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

Hi, Lynn!

(I hope I am responding correctly to your post- I not entirely sure of how this works. 😀)

I am so glad you promote professional editing! I think it tends to often get overlooked, but it is such a significant and imperative step in upping the quality of your manuscript. 

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

(I hope I am responding correctly to your post- I not entirely sure of how this works. 😀)

Yup. You did it just right! :D

Welcome Sophie! Wow what a lot of positive energy you bring to the table! That's great and so are your creative talents! You're very wise to trust the Lord for you career path.

Publishing, especially self-publishing if you are interested in that route is VASTLY different than writing - just so you know. The stark difference of the business end takes a lot of writers by surprise, myself included,...there are many different disciplines to learn,...copyright law, contract law, design graphics, editing, proof reading, book design, marketing, accounting, taxes, business licenses,...etc. It may seem daunting, but is all very doable, and it is a great satisfaction to see your work published! 

Good luck on your writing career! May God bless your writing endeavors! 😀